The importance of range

airnoob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When it comes to woodland games, I've discovered that range, and accuracy over distance, is the most important factor for getting hits. Which AEG, and subsequent internal upgrades have you discovered that addresses this issue?

cyma ak, done bugger all to it except downgrade it to 310 fps and set the hop, when combined with large trees and a bit of gumption allows me to get the best number of hits.

• Supporters

In my opinion, range and accuracy are and always will be more important that simply being able to get a load of shots downrange. Simple reason being, that if I can hit someone from further away than they can hit me, then I'll always have the option to fall back when I'm under fire, far enough to be out of their range but for them to still be within mine.

First things I do are fit a tightbore barrel, preferably a 6.01mm, upgrade the hop if required and then, once those things have been added, I get my gun shooting as close to the site limit as possible through any combination of things, get it to shoot as consistently as possible with as little fps deviation as possible, then equip it with .25g BBs and job's a goodun'.

365fps on a .2 - roughly 330fps with a .25, combined with the accuracy of the tight bore and best hop set up possible, set to provide the best range possible and I can comfortably hit people with 5 shots or less at up to 45m. Often it only takes 1 shot at standard AEG engagement ranges. Even in woodland scenarios.

And that's a proper, measured 45m. It's a lot further than you think. Longest range hit I've had must be somewhere in the region of 70m, but it took around 20 shots or more and I had to aim about 6 feet above the target.

• Supporters

+1 BigShep

My CYMA AK had frankly shocking range out of the box with no need for hop whatsoever. Accuracy was good too. I should have left it alone lol!

And whilst people are using their long range weapons to snipe people at the front, I'll be sneaking around the back to pop one in your ass ;)

To an extend I believe range is important, if you can reach 50M easily, then I think you're sorted, anymore I think is un-needed as you should always be able to find a way of getting closer to your enemy or learning to get around them without them noticing you.

Hell, wouldn't mind an AEG with 150m range though ;)

Archived