first skirmish :)

Barren
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Excellent choice of venue. Just so you're fully prepared here's a list of things I like to take with me to skirmish:

• Good boots with proper ankle support - You will be playing on multiple terrain types so your boots need to be good for everything. This time of year it's pretty swampy in places.
  • Change of clothes - At a bare minimum a clean change of socks or two. I like to take light clothes for the drive home. Tracksuit bottoms and a normal cotton shirt + jacket or something
  • Sling - Even if you are renting its always good to have your own sling... The weapons get heave after a while!
  • Money - Run out of ammo? No problem, just go buy more. Cant do it without money. They take card at the grange as well though
  • Food and water - VERY important. You can buy food there but its always good to prepare a sandwich and lots of water to keep you hydrated. Especially on the hotter days when people drop out due to dehydration. I started in the summer and on my first game 3 or 4 other new people left early because of this

Those are just the basics. I bring more stuff myself but thats just me. I havent seen anything on the website for a shoot on that day, but if it pops up i might go along :) I prefer to play at their Honiley site though. Maybe I will see you around! Enjoy your shoot!

Good advice. Hydration is a key point. I'd advise you use the Three D's.

Duck, Dive and Dodge!

Once you get hit, I'm sure you quickly learn to improve on those three skills!

Archived