load out gear help.............

copping1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all had a few games now working towards ukra having a prob with this camo gear is there a camo you can use for woodland and a bit of urban? playing at

awa herts at the minute, been looking at multicam is that any good? have seen the vest i want a Warrior r.i.c.a.s, money is not really a prob would love to here

back from you and wot is the best places to get this stuff from

many thanks Ryan

ofcourse multicam is good mate. the british army uses it.

but Atacs is also good, thats used by the americans though.

i always advise people to buy plain assult vests and buy pouches seperatly. it works out better.

also dont buy anything off ebay that says "army issued". any soldier will tell you issued kit is crap

• Supporters

i always advise people to buy plain assult vests and buy pouches seperatly. it works out better.

also dont buy anything off ebay that says "army issued". any soldier will tell you issued kit is crap

I'll respectfully disagree there, most issued kit these days is pretty damn good. Certainly better than a lot of the chinasoft cack you can buy on ebay. I purchase an awful lot of my kit from www.rvops.co.uk , it's run by an ex marine and staffed entirely by ex forces personnel so they by and large know their stuff and can answer any question you can throw at them. Their prices aren't too bad for pouches and suchlike, but for clothing I'd recommend getting on ebay and buying surplus issue kit as it's much cheaper.

• Supporters

MTP is what Brit's are Issued.

MultiCam is what American's are Issued.

ATAC's was Beaten out by MultiCam although it is still issued to Tier 1 Opo's

I'll respectfully disagree there, most issued kit these days is pretty damn good. Certainly better than a lot of the chinasoft cack you can buy on ebay. I purchase an awful lot of my kit from www.rvops.co.uk , it's run by an ex marine and staffed entirely by ex forces personnel so they by and large know their stuff and can answer any question you can throw at them. Their prices aren't too bad for pouches and suchlike, but for clothing I'd recommend getting on ebay and buying surplus issue kit as it's much cheaper.

issued webbing - crap

issued daysacks - crap

issued clothing - crap

issued osprey - certainaly not the best.

once you do a tour of afghan with the gear you`d understand, my whole platoon pretty much dosent use issued kit. (with exceptions to mtp in camp)

• Supporters

A tacs isn't used by the US, nor was it beaten by multi am, it was only released in like 2010ish. Its used by random special forces according to A-TACS but that's it

IS there not insurance issues if you don't wear the stuff issued?

A tacs isn't used by the US, nor was it beaten by multi am, it was only released in like 2010ish. Its used by random special forces according to A-TACS but that's it

IS there not insurance issues if you don't wear the stuff issued?

yes their is. obviously on tour we have to wear the osprey,

however boots and daysacks and pouches and various sh*t like that we get away with

however if i was to get injured wearing non issued boots i wouldnt be able to claim on the army

While I see your point in that yes, the day sacks and suchlike aren't the best, this lad is going to be airsofting in probably somwhere like Surrey, not fighting the Taliban in Helmand. Bit of a difference!

fair point. but isnt the point of a load out to look ally and professional. like a british infanteer? not like an RLC remf

I think the MTP PCS kit i have is great. The Smock is great!

But on topic any Multicam kit would be good for Woodland/urban.

In my honest opinion it really doesn't make a massive amount of difference what camo you use as when on site you normally get a nice bright coloured armband to wear. Just buy what you like the look of as the "which camo is bestest?" argument will go on forever!

• Supporters

MM556 MultiCam was Tested by the US Military at the same time as the Atacs AU/FG but ATAC's failed because their were 2 Different Pattern's made for two different spot's rather than one which was what Multicam was aimed for EG all Purpose General kit. Leading to Atac's well only being Issued to SF AU/FG has beenaround longer than MultiCam (It Was Even in use by SF before the US done their Test's N sh*t.

• Supporters

A-tacs FG was only released last year so that can't be right As the US started using multicam the year before.

I don't see how AU and FG could have been around longer than multicam as digital concealment systems (the company which owns the patterns) was only formed in 2009, so for the patterns to have been around longer than multicam can't be true considering MC has been around since before UCP/ACU came into use.

hm?

very good quality kit for reasonable prices check out "http://www.uktactical.com/" never had any problems and i believe many members on here swear by them (they also do both multicam and A-tacs).

on a personal preference i really like the look of A-TACS FG as where i'm from very few people use it, and there is a rather large amount of players using multicam,

To clear up the A-TACS being beaten by Multicam thing, basically both DCS (makers of A-TACS) and Crye (makers of multicam) both, among other suppliers, competed for the US Army's replacement of UCP. Both of the two were among the "finalists" if you can call it that however, the reason the US went with Multicam was that A-TACS was too complex pattern for the Army's current manufacturing process and so went with multicam as they didn't need to change their production. SO as with many military decisions they went with the cheap option.

Anyway back to the OP which sites will you be playing at? As I'll be able to see which camo would work best with the sites you play at

Personally I have; A-TACS AU, A-TACS FG, DPM Foliage and OLive Green as well as DCU (US tri-colour) and of course DPM

I would definitely recommend the Warrior RICAS Compact, and any Warrior Assault Systems kit, as for clothing id recommend FG A-TACS (esp if you want to look different and stand out from the crowd consisting of a sea of Multicam :lol: ). If your interested in that I'd advise not going for the branded Popper stuff from The Grange and such like (colour washes out and fades real quickly) but get some cheap stuff off ebay, chinese brands (ebairsoft etc) (and lets face it, its airsoft not Tier 1 operations or whatever so you don't really need high end gear, but if you do then go for it nonetheless :) ). If anything I've mentioned makes no sense too just google the companies ;)

If money is no issue then have a look at Tactical Tailor assault vests & chest rigs, very reliable and tough. Had my Mini MAV for 1/2 a year now and it hasn't let me down yet. Also, TT make their kit in a few well known patterns. Multicam/MTP only costs £1 or £2 more than OD/ACU/CB/BLK kit, compared to the £50 difference between MTP webbing and DPM webbing.

Best TT dealer: http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/index.asp

They sell a lot to law enforcement and sometimes military

Archived