Best of the best

Bulld0g
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Made a bit extra money this Christmas but sadly my friends made more and got themself a systems. I'm looking for a gun around the £400-£500 mark than can compete performance wise ( range and accuracy). so far my choices are a tm recoil, vfc hk 417/16, magpul Masada or bw15 sniper. Any opinions of which one of these would be the best choice or any other re comendations will be appreciated. Cheers.

• Supporters

BW15 sniper- assuming I'm thinking of the right one, the king arms- not seen one before but from what I've read they come in quite hot, other than that I'd assume its a standard KA with new externals. So wont be apocalyptically bad, but you could probably do better for the money with a G&G, G&P or VFC of something

VFC 416/417- Really nice guns, externally feel great, very cool and really solid with no wobbles/shakes etc. Shoot very nicely too- one of my friends recently got a 417 and had issues with the semi-auto on it, though I've not heard of problems anywhere else so I'm assuming its a one off case.

Magpul Masada- nice and solid feeling guns however there are a lot of complaints around about their internals- I'm sure there's some stuff like hop-mods that can sort these though. I'd suggest looking further into it to check though. External upgrades are more expensive than equivalent parts on an AR-15 style rifle.

TM recoil's- Shoot brilliantly despite the usual low tm FPS',coming in at around 290-300ish with great hops. Decent externals, finally got rid of the plastic of older TM's. Judging by the other options, i'd assume you're looking at an M4 or variant there of, if so I'd go for one of the socom's which are the standard M4A1 style rifles, but they have the benefit of taking normal style batteries as opposed to the quick change system of the recce/sopmod. These also take newer style mags for the bolt lock feature unless you buy a small adapter (£8 or so I believe) these are the best option in my opinion.

It's worth trying out these before you buy though, it's a big chunk of money so better make sure that you're happy with them, someone at most sites will own a masada or TM recoil, the others will probably be slightly harder to find to test out.

• Supporters

100% recommendation from me for a TM recoil, out of the box they're epic, they're not systemas admittedly, but not all that far behind for range/accuracy. With a tightbore barrel fitted the accuracy and range are phenomenal and the recoil action on them is lots of fun.

Going to be an odd one here, but how about the G&D DTW?

They're a PTW Clone but shoot very very well, take PTW magazines so you can share with your buddies, and don't need modding out of the box like the PTW.

My only gripe with them is the plastic furniture is pretty nasty, but you can replace the handguard, pistol grip and stock with the money left over because they're only £320 :)

If not, VFC HK416 with an ASCU and Madbull 3 in 1 hop unit and 6.03 TB, closest to a systema I've had (Bar the DTW) that isn't a systema

Never heard of the g&d dtw, where can you buy them.

• Supporters

Try rsov, providing you have a defence you'll be fine ;)

Thanks but is there any in this country at all

Archived