Weird magazines...

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Need a hand sourcing some mags for one of my airsoft society members.

His aunt from HK has brought her pistols over for him, but I can't identify either of them in order to find him a few more magazines...

This photo is all we've got to go on:

2012-12-25140952_zpsfdb002a5.jpg

Any ideas?

The left one has WA GSHK stamped on it, so I take it that's a WA, in which case it's basically a lost cause.

The one on the right is plastic and has "Wilson Combat" stamped on it. I know WE make a Wilson Combat M1911, but it's not plastic and it doesn't have the same slide...

I'm lost with it.

• Supporters

From the front facing sides of the mags: the ones on the left look like WE hi capa ones, and the one on the right definitley looks like a WA 1911 mag

But with the one on the right being plastic is interesting as Im sure WE hicapas are full metal- then again it could just be another clone?

that's the closest I can think of that it looks to

I'm pretty sure tm's have a 'cut out' for the bb's down the front that widens at the bottom instead of the straight profile shown here.

• Supporters

Yeah, I ought to have clarified that the left mags are for the right gun. I just made the assumption before.

But yeah, I thought WE and WA but had the same thoughts regarding plastic.

As for TM having the wider opening for ease of loading. A lot of people say that their P226 mags do that, but the ones I have definitely don't. Though you could be right about the 1911 variants.

Are all hi-capa mags by WE interchangeable? Or do the smaller hi-capas take different size mags etc?

• Supporters

But we're fairly sure it'll take a WE hi-capa mag of standard, M1911y size?

At least we're getting somewhere. Cheers.

Archived