Newbie here! P90?

pinkette
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys

So I went along to my local airsoft club and played a few games and now I’m hooked! I will be getting my UKARA registration soon so I’m looking to buy myself a gun!

I like the idea of a P90 as where I play is in underground tunnels so pretty cqb.

I don’t want to limit myself to just cqb - so can the P90 be upgraded enough to be okay in woodland?

I would be looking at either a TM P90 or a KA P90.

Everywhere local to me has a 350fps limit with 0.20.

From reading if I got the TM due to the lower fps - I would want a better spring (m100) and some upgraded bushings if I got a higher voltage battery?

Also if I wanted slightly more length and accuracy I would need a larger m4 size inner barrel?

I just don’t want to limit myself to just cqb but from videos I’ve seen the p90 can be very versatile.

The King Arms p90 seems good as it has the extra rails over the TM as standard - and from reading the internals of the King Arms are not too bad atall!

I did look at the f2000 by g&g but they seem to be plagued with trigger problems, and the p90 from what I read is easily fixed.

Thanks!

I have a mate with a TM p90 and it is awesome. Range and rate of fire is impressive. Cqb its one of the best. Woodland holds it own. The barrel is longer than you think due to the design and internal lay out. Magazine will empty on just one full wind up. Battery space is restricted due to the room in the butt but i am sure you can get extentions for it.

All in all a great little gun.

• Supporters

I can't shoulder a P90 comfortably. I haven't tried one with a butt extension on it, but you might want to have a go yourself before you part with cash, especially if, like me, you have long arms.

try making one of these up! I didnt make this exact one but saw it on Google images and decided to build it for myself... the only things different on my version was tgat the mock suppressor was shorter and I hand an under barrel grenade launcher underneath ;)

everyone at my local site was amazed by it! :)

post-6170-0-89559400-1356635191_thumb.jpeg

I didnt like the length either so I used a shorter mock suppressor but I initially started off with 3 things: the P90, m4 mag kit, and quad rail kit...

you can pick up the quad rail kit for about £25 and the m4 mag kit for 35 / 40 quid if you have a good look around you could probably pick them both up for a little over 50 :)

from there you have the base and can make it your own :)

• Supporters

Of course, if the OP is going to build something like that, they may as well just buy an M4 CQB as it'll be probably shorter, cheaper, lighter, look less hideous and take the same magazines.

But I digress, as Ian mentioned, if you've got long arms the P90 may not be for you have a hold of one before you make a decision.

I am guessing you are in/near Portsmouth if your going to the bunker.

Get to Combat South and tryout a few rifles. Not sure if they stock the P90 but they would be able to get one in.

I would say go for a CQB variant of an M4 as thre are far more parts to customise them. plus i hate P90s!

• Supporters

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier, if it's a CQB gun you're making please for the love of god do not upgrade the spring. At less than 30' the extra 40fps or so you'll be able to wring out of the gun will give you ZERO benefit but will cause significantly more discomfort for the person you're hitting, airsoft is a game for fun and causing more pain than is absolutely necessary just aint cool.

I agree completely with cheese, you really won't need much extra FPS for CQC, and it should still be fine in woodland. In close quarters 350 is painful, especially if you're hit from really close, but then again you are supposed to just get the person to surrender from that range as opposed to shoot them.

• Supporters

Most CQB sites are semi only, so fire rate isn't really an issue. However from everything I've heard the TM high cycle AEGs are top notch, I've never owned one myself but the TM marque alone is normally enough of a guarantee of quality for me, if you're willing to part with the cash you won't be disappointed.

My local site you are allowed 350fps full auto and no minimum distance. It's in underground ww2 bunkers so some engage distances are under 5 meters. I think I'll stick at 280 Fps with a high cycle or I think I might make a few enemies. I should be buying the gun in around a month once my ukara is all sorted.

People complain even at low fps :P

Double tap into a guys PC with my MP7 which was 250fps XD

Whined like a bitch because we were about 3m away... although on the other side of a hedge.

• Supporters

I yelp and swear if a shot hurts, whatever the range. I have been known to bring the shooter's intelligence and even parentage into question. It's just my way. if i actually minded, i wouldn't turn up.

I had a thumb knuckle pretty much paralysed from a pistol shot at a max of 2m, through Pyrohide & Kevlar gloves! I don't feel ashamed of voicing my discomfort loudly and vociferously, but nor would I want to restrict the power of CQB weapons to make that sort of thing much less likely. For sure the sport is about delivering and avoiding hits, not inflicting pain, but the knowledge that a hit may well 'kin sting makes trying to avoid them more exciting I believe.

Edit to add: temporarily paralysed - couple of days.

So with the gun purchase soon - I'm looking at what options I have. It worrys me that many people run mp5s etc as a secondary.

Do you think I would be limiting myself with a p90? I do mainly only play cqb and mid range. Due to the bullpul design - if I upgraded the inner barrel and spring would I be able to get the range and accuracy of a TM scar for example?

Recently at my cqb site this week I was shot between the knuckles at point blank! Swelled up so much my ring was stuck on for a few days. Still hurts nearly a week later!

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys!

Hi, out of interest what underground site is it? I love my p90, being bullpup you have to remember the motors and feed are further back, giving a longer barrel in a shorter gun, my p90 has the same if not more inner barrel than my m4, so as for being outranged, forget it. I annoy people in equal measures outranging silly long guns in both close and far engagements. You won't need a backup, and if you do, take a pistol, keep light and leg it with the p90

• Supporters

I don't think that you'll find a stock P90 that has the range and accuracy of a stock TM SCAR.

From what I've seen, TM guns have range comparable or better than many guns firing 30-50 FPS faster. It's voodoo or something! It can only be down to the way the hop up works, but I suspect it must be about more than just the rubber: the way the air nozzle seals against the rubber, the way the rubber fits within the unit and onto the barrel and also probably the hop up unit itself.

I've yet to try this, but one of these days I intend to get a TM gun and fit it with a more powerful spring to see how well the magic range effect persists. I'm sure somebody else on here must have done that already though... results anyone?

IMHO the SCAR looks a right pig with the stock folded, but no worse than a P90 all the time. At least it does fold though, so if you find yourself wanting to maneuver and shoot in spaces so tight you can only just turn round, you could do it with a folded SCAR just as well as with a P90, although TBH I think you'd be hard pressed to find a CQB environment which challenges any assault rifle - the only real issue is speed of target aquisition, which, in theory, ought to be faster with a shorter weapon, since the muzzle needn't travel through as much of an arc - this is to presume however that there is a fixed amount of muscle power available for moving the barrel to aim, which of course is not true. In reality the thinking is the part which takes longest, even though it's still measured in milliseconds...

If it's a straight choice between those two options, get the SCAR.

Thanks for the replays. I play at ucap bunker in Portsmouth. I think p90 it is! Well ps 90 hc! I'm also going to get the echo1 or laylax ris attachment. Won't be for awhile though! I'll post some pictures once I get the gun. Won't be for another 3 weeks though. Ukara! My last game is around 7th feb then I can apply for Ukara.

That's not the front tri/quad rail attachment is it? Them and box mags ruin poor p90's, mine has a torch and q laser mounted, plant of space on the rails that come with gun. If the tunnels are anything like the Outpost here in the midlands, a compact p90 will be perfect, so its a good all round choice :)

I have a TM P90 (2 actually as daughter has one), you dont need to mess with them they work great out of the box. The M4 is ugh by comparison, the P90 is rock solid, supports a scary (based on M4 hi cap) box conversion and I think works best with its nice short barrel.

Personally while I dont mind the front rail stuff, I agree P90's dont need it. That very short design is their main strength and extra length wont mean more power. I play woodland with mine no issues, its great to be able to play one handed while carrying the 'Bomb' objective with the other for example.

I have had some feed issues with actual P90 mags, but none with the box conversion which also avoids the need to get P90 mag pouches. Batts are no issue, go for small low cap LIPO's and just carry a few as they are cheap. Swapping out every few games through the day. Or you can wire in the large batt in the box mag, but I prefer to keep them in the stock.

Archived