No full auto

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In theory, I dont even mind this.. however, now the gearbox locked as it sometimes will do at semi.. the normal solution is to go onto auto and fire and bam you're ready to go.. obbiously I cannot do that now... so well, why does the full auto not work and how do I fix it? It a metal TM m4 (colt 733 commando) btw.

• Supporters

More often than not the opposite occurs and you're stuck with no semi auto, which happens because a part wears out, of which I forget the name...

I imagine for you it'll just be something to do with the selector plate, which is external to the gearbox and is what the fire selector lever moves when you turn it, in order to change the fire mode.

There's a similar problem with the M4 I'm selling. The selector plate on mine has slipped slightly, so when you switch to auto it still fires semi for the first shot, then auto afterwards because the selector lever doesn't move the selector plate far enough to properly engage auto.

In short, you need to get the gearbox out and correct the seating position of the selector plate, a spring might've potentially fallen out of it as well. It doesn't require gearbox disassembly, just to take the gearbox out of the gun and all the parts you need to fiddle with are external.

In all likelihood, simply taking the gearbox out, giving it a once over and putting it back in will probably sort it out, you probably won't even need to really do anything.

Ought to be an easy enough fix.

Good luck.

Oh, and Merry Christmas :)

Neither I'm afraid. It is back wired and I pulled the charging handles and wiggled. Though a pic is better way to explain how far I can remove it. it looks like its the bolt release that prevents it, but it seems not to, it wiggles up n down a few millimeters..

p1060201i.th.jpg

p1060200o.th.jpg

With the upper as far forward as it will go, turn it over and look into the magwell. Can you still see the hop unit? If so, it's possibly that which is stopping it moving, as it should slide forward with the upper, not stay put. Otherwise, if the hop has moved, shine a torch in there to see if anything else is catching, as that may well be why you have a problem with it.

Does the hop leave the air nozzle ok?

Love the lower receiver by the way

With the upper as far forward as it will go, turn it over and look into the magwell. Can you still see the hop unit? If so, it's possibly that which is stopping it moving, as it should slide forward with the upper, not stay put. Otherwise, if the hop has moved, shine a torch in there to see if anything else is catching, as that may well be why you have a problem with it.

hm.. hm... ("hm" as in "well this is bloody annoying)

p1060203q.th.jpg

woooooah?! Marksman! didn't recognise you!!

oh and thanks! It also says

"This is my rifle. Theres many

like it but this one is mine."

USMC

(witch quotes) where the flash is. Of course if I did the engraving it would read

This is my toygun. etc etc...

:)

I've got the same body kit, only way I've been able to disassemble it is to take it apart bottom up, e.g remove the grip and motor, then take off the lower half, and then for some reason it frees up the top half, no idea what releases it.

(just to prove I have one "https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/102321626070351311138/albums/5575836519120718321")

*Definitely* not the cocking handle then?

I only ask; as when I take mine apart it gets exactly that far before getting caught on the top of the gearbox casing, pulling the cocking handle back about half an inch or so frees it up.

Otherwise; no idea...Seems strange. :/

*Definitely* not the cocking handle then?

I only ask; as when I take mine apart it gets exactly that far before getting caught on the top of the gearbox casing, pulling the cocking handle back about half an inch or so frees it up.

Otherwise; no idea...Seems strange. :/

*Definitely* not the cocking handle.

Sure it was exactly this far? Just a few cm before that the cocking handle IS in the way and needs to be pulled to allow it to go further. Anyhow, seems a solution has been found!

I've got the same body kit, only way I've been able to disassemble it is to take it apart bottom up, e.g remove the grip and motor, then take off the lower half, and then for some reason it frees up the top half, no idea what releases it.

(just to prove I have one "https://plus.google....36519120718321")

*nods*

was almost guessing this.

I think I found the problem, it is that there is a "rail" on the ejecting side on the top receiver that wont come off. And yes, only solution, except for some mad dremel destruction would be just that... well, good thing I wanted to get the gearbox out of the lower anyway..

What make is the receiver?

I would also like to know.

I might end up dremeling it then, and regarding the make, zeroone are the only people i can find who do them and i couldn't (beginning of 2010) get them to tell me what make they are, or if they are an own brand.

OK, just a thought, but have you tried pulling it forward with the ejection port cover open? If it's one of those that has the false cylinder cover in the top part as well, it may be that which is catching on the edge of the front of the gearbox. If it is one like that, try putting a small screwdriver inside the false cylinder at the front to ease it closer to the side of the receiver and see if that works.

• 3 weeks later...

(just to prove I have one "https://plus.google....36519120718321")

motor, grip, magcatch, all romoved, but the upper wont come off and the gearbox wont come out of the lower:(

nm, got it out, will prob demel the upper. will built it back up and see if its fixed!

taken it all down and put it together again. everything looks fine, the gearbox works on fullauto when I stick to motor straight into it. So I kept pulling the trigger on full auto at each stage. put the stocktube on. works fine. grib, works fine. motor, works fine. but then when I plug in the cables and the battery, I cannot press the trigger in any more, flip to semi, works. So the trigger wont even be pulled in fully on auto. any ideas? it all looks like its in fairly good condition!

is the gun front-wired or rear-wired through the mechbox, and how are you mounting the battery?

did you do the wiring yourself?

can you see any physical obstructions from looking inside through the bottom of the trigger?

I'm assuming you don't have any mosfet?

is the selector plate damaged? (my rifle once refused to go onto safe because it was cracked)

I did not wire it myself, its back wired, and the battery I keep in a pouch on the stock. nothing looks cracked, and I can go into full auto on the selector, just no compress the trigger.

aha! took some photos and noticed the selector plate is damages, a lil crack in the upper of the arch that makes it bend a bit, think that will be the cause?

Archived