New gearbox or major upgrade?

nicholas-c
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys Since it's christmas I want to treat myself., I have been an airsofter for almost 2 years and had my own weapon for at least a year and half (KWA SR10). All work done on the gearbox and so on is my own and I love my gun but as of late it's been getting worse and worse... It's not my current upgrades/repairs that are the issues it's the first few I did (Didn't bother putting certain screws back etc) that and my gun is generally getting old and scratched up nasty anyway.

The question is... Which option do I go down?

1) Replace the entire weapon and build a new different project (thinking L129A1 British marksman rifle)

2) Buy a new SR10 and transfer the ASCU.

3) Strip/prime/paint body and replace the gearbox (Housing is damaged slightly) along with brand new internals (all gears/piston etc are stock) and transfer my ASCU with a new high speed motor?

If I was going to build a L129A1 I don't know what I would use as a base. I would want full auto as I use 3-round burst too much to go DMR but want the "slot" in the rail and the unibody.

So... Let me have your suggestions/tips!

Thanks (And merry christmas)

Nick

Archived