fault with rifle.

Hutton
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey guys. i think this belongs here. if not feel free to move it.

i seem to be having a problem with my airsoft rifle. im not quite sure what the problem is. but when i attatch the magazine, it dosent seem to be sucking up the BBs into the barrel in order for them to be fired, any help would be great.

well it might be when you put the mag in does it click if not then it might just be the mag catch, as well best thing is to fill the mag up and see if it empty's into the bottle using the button thing next to the hole where the bb's come out if they dont eject then its the mag if they do its the gun( do this into the bottle or you will get bb's flying everywhere)

try this and tell me what you can gather.

are bb's coming out the barrel or is it that when you take the mag out there are bb's that fall out?

if its the latter then nothing to worry about because all AEG's and mag fed guns do that.

Since you only have 11 posts, I'll ask something obvious....

Are you winding up the mags at the bottom once they are in the gun?

If you are, it's probably the hop unit and/or nozzle not being correctly set up. If it's new send it back and get it fixed under warranty. If it's secondhand/old then check the nozzle is the correct length or the hop bucking isn't torn/twisted.

• Supporters

all AEG's and mag fed guns do that.

I imagine you know this already, Adam, but that's actually a false statement. All mag fed guns do not drop BBs, only AEGs do and not all AEGs at that, the Systema and Celcius P/CTWs do not drop BBs, nor do any gas powered weapons.

Just thought I'd correct you as the forum gets lurkers that come from google searches etc and you might give some of the less airsofterly aware amongst them the wrong impression.

As for the actual problem, Charlie has said what I'd suggest. If the mag will disperse all the rounds outside of the gun when you pull the tab back, then the gun is the problem. Or, how the gun is accepting the magazine.

If the BBs can't be ejected outside the gun, then the magazine is the fault.

It could be that the gearbox is jammed, the mag is jammed, the mag and hop unit aren't lining up correctly, the hop might be on too much, the battery might be dead, there are hundreds of things it could be, but doing what Charlie's said will be a nice place to start the diagnosis.

I imagine you know this already, Adam, but that's actually a false statement. All mag fed guns do not drop BBs, only AEGs do and not all AEGs at that, the Systema and Celcius P/CTWs do not drop BBs, nor do any gas powered weapons.

Just thought I'd correct you as the forum gets lurkers that come from google searches etc and you might give some of the less airsofterly aware amongst them the wrong impression.

As for the actual problem, Charlie has said what I'd suggest. If the mag will disperse all the rounds outside of the gun when you pull the tab back, then the gun is the problem. Or, how the gun is accepting the magazine.

If the BBs can't be ejected outside the gun, then the magazine is the fault.

It could be that the gearbox is jammed, the mag is jammed, the mag and hop unit aren't lining up correctly, the hop might be on too much, the battery might be dead, there are hundreds of things it could be, but doing what Charlie's said will be a nice place to start the diagnosis.

OK most AEG's!

lol i know ive only got 11 posts, this does not mean im an airsoft newbie. ive been playing a while.but not recently as im a member of HM armed forces. i know that it is not a problem with the mag. and ill be taking the airsoft weapon to a shop to get them to take a look at it. thanks though guys

Archived