Ares AS36C or JG G36C ???

Master Sniper MJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right so i'm new to airsoft and am currently working on my gun licence which i will have by the end of Jan at latest ( i hope)

and i started looking into guns and found i quite liked playing with the GC36 i rented from skirmish so it got me thinking about getting one of some sort, as i want to start with an AEG before going down a marksmen sniper route, which is the overall plan.

so i did a very small amount of searching whilst at uni and found these two:

- http://redwolfairsof...NEW_Version.htm

- http://www.airsoftwo...ifle-g608.html

now i have no idea how to work out which one is better or if there is any real difference apart from the name/ maker of the gun which i dont care about.

Also any information as regards to a scope to mount on it wouldnt go un-noticed, maybe a green and red dot scope would be nice

Any help greatly appropriated

Thanks

JG G36's are known for being quite reliablle

The ARES one will have better quality externals. I have a S&T G36 (ARES design) and they are great. Internals maybe not as reliable as JG but the ARES ones will be better than the S&T ones.

You will need your UKARA number if ordering from RedWolf though, unless you order it through the UK dealer. Then its either provide UKARA or get them 2-toned.

Well I've got the ares/umarex g36cv (ebb) version, I disabled the blow back the day it turned up, it's a great gun.

I've upgraded the hop up rubber, 6.03 tight barrel which is also longer, and an m120 spring.

Downside I didn't upgrade the piston! School boy error, needless to say on Sunday it stripped the teeth off the piston and well now I've got to upgrade it and the motor, whoops!

But it's a great gun, very solid, no wobbles etc, the battery access is a pig though.

^^^Umarex is a S&T manufactuered gun not ares. They are part of the ARES tree but not really the main company.

ARES are now releasing their own EBB guns which are slightly better quality AFAIK.

Its the same gearbox.... just made in a different factory. :)

Right so the basics of your comments are as follows if i read it correctly

- ares better externals

- JG better internals

btw i did know about the UKARA hence saying i wont get the gun licence till jan but nevermind as really i would hate a two tone gun haha

Thanks

Yeah tbh it was a quick search and just found these, its going to make me sound really noobish but which ones out of all list by devastator and the ares and JG i said are the best eg like best to worst but also why they are bad/ good

Ta

• Supporters

I'd go for the ARES.

Mine has been flawless aside from the fact I took it to bits.

The blowback is lovely and the hot-swap spring feature is really nice for getting the FPS where I want it for CQB or outdoor.

Not had any performance issues either really, aside from the fact that I took it to bits and accidentally shredded a wire putting it back together (I took it to bits because I'm a masochist and like to do that sort of thing to perfectly functional guns).

• Supporters

There's nothing wrong with it as such, its a decent cheap gun, it just doesn't have anything special that the others listed don't have to put it above them. It's still a good rifle for the money however :)

Is the G36 the only rifle you have used?

I would personally advise trying as many different guns as you can. You don't want to buy a gun then try other a find one you prefer that.

Just ask around at your next skirmish. Most players are more than happy to show of their guns and let you have a few shots.

Just my 2ps worth.

Archived