BB drop - off.

murph
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whilst using my A&K Masada today, I noticed the BB's were doing fine for about 20m before plummeting. Anyone have any idea what that could be?

If it helps you answer, I've rewired it, installed a new motor and there's a short silencer on the end of the barrel.

Thanks for your help folks.

could be you but the hop on too much, or that your using bb's that arnt suited to your barrel, what type and weight of bb's are you using?

.2 grams, which I thought would've been fine. What would you recommend? I'll also have a fiddle with the hop up.

Thanks for your help man, I appreciate it.

.2 grams, which I thought would've been fine. What would you recommend? I'll also have a fiddle with the hop up.

Thanks for your help man, I appreciate it.

No Problem Mate, you should be fine with the bb's its probably just the hop and i use .20 Blaster bb's

No Problem Mate, you should be fine with the bb's its probably just the hop and i use .20 Blaster bb's

Wow, the exact same BBs that I've been using! I hope the hop unit isn't messed up or anything.

Wow, the exact same BBs that I've been using! I hope the hop unit isn't messed up or anything.

It shouldn't be messed up, but after playing with the hop up, if it is still dropping you might want to consider taking your gun to a tech of some kind, did you buy the gun new, and where from?

It shouldn't be messed up, but after playing with the hop up, if it is still dropping you might want to consider taking your gun to a tech of some kind, did you buy the gun new, and where from?

JDAirsoft. Could it be the rubber in the hop up that's affecting it? And yes, it was 100% new.

this is the warranty info for your gun 6 months: Ares, ASG, APS & all other re-branded AEGs including Classic Army "Sportline" series. you only get 6 months

I've been using the gun awhile now, and I've rewired it and done loads of things to it internally. I'm sure the hop unit needs a bit of TLC, that's all.

ok thats fine, normally its just a bit of tlc, but sometimes they are just completely screwed

I know there are other barrels out there that have hop units attached to them. This is because they've introduced this whole 'Quick - Detach Barrel' crap... So if worst comes to worst, I'm not completely buggered.

• Supporters

I know two people who had problems with A&K masada hop ups un-hopping themselves, try re adjusting it, and use blue tack to hold the wheel in place

I'll point Nickona in this direction, he should know

Thanks for your help lads, I've taken the clip that's used to hold the rubber down and sort of jammed it where the hop rubber is considerably more down. It's what people on YouTube were doing anyway...

Archived