Pyros???

sammy7676
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

No. I'm pretty sure its illegal for anyone under 18 to use em, If not there wont be a site that will let you use them anyway.

UKARA has nothing to do with pyros anyway. As long as you're over 18 you can buy em and use em.

The Pyro used in airsoft are classed as fireworks and thus are under the laws of fireworks, not VCRA or any laws concerning airsoft.

The only law is that one must be over 18 years of age to buy and use pyro.

hope this helps

Gas grenades are just that, they are not "pyros" :P

Pyro... short for pyrotechnic is by definition a device that createds "self-contained and self-sustained exothermic chemical reactions for the production of heat, light, gas, smoke and/or sound"

maybe, but the law preventing use of "Pyros" won't apply to other devices such as tornado grenades etc.

Plus im an engineer so i very much see the difference between the two.

Its a pretty clear differnce really. Pyro (FLAMES) and if it doesnt get hot. Hmm guess its a gas grenade......I tend to know the differnace as ive burnt my self a few too many times with pyros while pissing about. :D

I'm guessing "cold" burning is relative. Burning is, by definition, hot. It's an exothermic oxidisation reaction. Exothermic means "releases heat".

I'm not sure that there is any legislation that specifically says under 18's can't USE fireworks, only that they definitely can't BUY them (the usual caveats about any kind of exchange, be it cash, goods or services, constituting a sale)

If anyone can point me in the direction of legislation that would prevent an under 18 from using them I'd be very interested to see it.

So that's what the government website says, sadly it doesn't actually tell you which act of parliament makes the use of fireworks by an under 18 an offence. So whilst I'll concede that does seem pretty clear cut, governments have been known to get things wrong. Does anyone know which piece of legislation makes it an offence?

So that's what the government website says, sadly it doesn't actually tell you which act of parliament makes the use of fireworks by an under 18 an offence. So whilst I'll concede that does seem pretty clear cut, governments have been known to get things wrong. Does anyone know which piece of legislation makes it an offence?

OK, I got bored.

The relevant legislation is the Fireworks Regulations 2004, which are backed up by the Fireworks Act 2003. The relevant Provision is provision 4, paragraph 1. Linked below.

So yes, it IS illegal for a person under the age of 18 to possess an "adult" firework in a public place.

Glad that's cleared up.

*sigh*

does op really need all this discussion on what a pyro is??

Most grenades you would not be allowed to use, either by law or local site rules. However you can use tornado, that can be purchased at forum supporter firesupport, they are powered by gas and bbs. to save money I suggest you buy this and get some coleman propane from ebay.

Archived