newbie in northamptonshire

Barren
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello all, im 29 from northants and a total noob as far as airsoft go's, used to play alot of milsim paintball overseas a few years back and have recently found airsoft after being gifted a broken gbb m4 by a client to tinker with and repair, im yet to skirmish but on advice am looking forward to attending the grange in coventry as soon as humanly possible as a renter until i get ukara registered.

thanks for having me

Welcome to the forums! The Grange at coventry is a great site to play at. The marshals are very friendly and helpful, plus their shop is fully loaded with goodies (but some things are a tad overpriced). There are currently three people here that I know of, including myself, who play at The Grange so hopefully we can have some good games in the future. As an FYI the rentals there are AKs. Theyre not bad but I would recommend buying a sling to use. Annoying to carry all day.

thanks for the heads up , i have a cheap n cheerful qd sling i will bring along , also i was planning on useing a sly profit pb mask for eye/face protection do you know if this would be acceptable at the grange ? obviously if they want to test it im happy for them to do so, it would help as its already part of my kit and its one less thing to buy , not to mention im ugly enough without taking a few to the face :P

That should be more than enough. As face masks go, the rentals they give you are paintball full face or a full face with mesh eye protection. When I was renting I went with the latter, I have a huge issue with fogging up.

welcome to the forums mate there's also close action airsoft just outside kettering which i can recomend.

ive seen a little footage from the close action guys anzio camp i think? thats what sold me :) could just be the way its filmed and not to take anything away from any other local sites, but the games looked coherent and the players looked team orientated pyros help too , everyone likes to blow stuff up right :)

alex, hope to see you out and about. typical i pick december to try and get into somthing new, clearly my timing sucks

i will be honest the regular guys at close action are a great bunch of lads and most will even call hits on there own team mates but as with anywhere you will get the chancers who dont take hits ect pyros are great fun when they get kills i gave up on them as most of the time im quite figuritivly throwing my money away lol

Since the GBBr was gifted to you.. if you fix it you can use it legally.

i did wonder if that was the case. externally all the work is done,and ive managed to fix the trigger set i dont have a chrono but im guessing its a little hot, will be fitting a npas kit in the new year then all i need is the a few more mags as it came with 1 co2 and 1 green gas

hmmm lots of grey areas it would seem? i didnt think that a repair would constitue manufacture, altho im guessing theres alot of room for interpretation, im considering handng it back over to the guy that gifted it to me once complete untill i have my ukara as defence just to be on the safe side, wouldnt want to be the noob responsable for screwing it up for everyone

• 1 month later...

Archived