What to buy ???

driver90
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

New to this forum so Hi I'm Josh, I used to play airsoft years ago, and had a TM sop-mod m4, it got stolen and I called airsoft a day for about 4 years, still got my TM desert eagle though. Some friends and I are getting back into airsoft etc. And I am now on the hunt for a gun, I have been looking around at various places, I have narrowed it down to 3 guns that I am considering buying they are.All of these will be two tone, even though I have a side arm that isn't as I've had it so long.

My budget is about £120 really but would add £20 if its worth it.

SRC M4 A1 Carbine. £137 inc P&P

G&G GR-16 Carbine with Blowback. £167 inc P&P

Classic army sportsline value pack. £115 inc P&P

Also scope wise.

Does anyone have any opinions on what is best for general use

Holographic reflex sight or a red dot scope ? I'm unsure as I see the benefits of both ?

Cheers

• Supporters

The CA sportsline will probably serve you quite well.

try and avoid electric blowbacks, as its just something else to go wrong.

The SRC's are really good starter guns, but are no better than a CA Sportline and you have to get batteries and chargers with the SRC seperatly.

plus SRC's hop up is notoriously crap.

as for scopes, avoid untill you have played with a stock gun for a few games. I find they just add unnecessary weight and I usually end up just aiming with iron's for any long range encounters, close range just watch where you are shooting from the stream of BB's and then compensate for it.

Thanks for your quick response, I was more towards the Classic Army, just from looking at various reviews and video's etc so you have just reinforced my thoughts .

I'll give it a go without open sights for a while, scopes aren't a huge amount of money and are easy to pick up so there is no rush.

thanks

I would say the CA sportline. CA make very good guns and the sportline will serve you well for quite a while. Plus they are 100% TM/CA/G&P/G&G compatible where as I am not sure about the SRC.

hi there

im currently into my paintball along with my freinds in lincoln we have about 10 regular lads that play but were getting abit anoied with the game now in terms of the weight of what we are running around with and the fact that we have to keep filling up with air all the time.

we are looking to get into air soft for a new challange but would be nice if we could get a few pointers on what typoe of gun to buy to start out with,best type/weight of bb balls to use etc.

can anyone help??

BB weigh is subject to what you are using it for and what works best with your gun. Most people use .2g BB's in their main guns (anything bellow .2g is very bad quality ammo and can jam or even break your gun). But some people who use their guns for marksman applications may use .23's, .25's, and a sniper rifle will need even heavier ammo to bring the accuracy up even further.

Archived