Trade?

TPI
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So am i correct in thinking i can't swap a Two Tone with a Minor for another Pistol that is a RIF even if i have my Exception to the Law?

i imagine it is i mean i'm still supplying an IF to a Minor aswell as Selling that IF to them by getting another Pistol in Return?

• Supporters

I don't think it is just swapping with a minor that would break the law. If you sell/swap a RIF to someone over 18 who does not have a valid defence then you would also be breaking the law.

This of course only matters if you end up in court but I believe they would consider the exchage of your RIF for any sort of value would constitute a sale, there are two transactions but you are just saving the bother of handing over equal payments to each other.

Imagine a minor gets stopped by the police when in pocession of a two-tone. Police talk to Dad who says "I bought it and gave it to him" - no porblem under the law. Kid then says "You paid for it with my money dad" - potential court case!

Archived