Transporting a RiF from Poland to the UK

AirsofterPro
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello there!

Im asking this question in advance, im aiming to go to the ground zero weekender but i have a question about transporting. If i have an M4 and a Colt 1911, replicas ofc! They arent coloured in or the tips arent orange, if i want to take them through the airport do i call the Ground Zero staff and ask them to confirm im going there or? Any special laws? And if i cant get it by a plane is there any fast way?

Thanks

• Supporters

Without looking into it further for you, I'd email Zero One and see if you can send your guns to them in the post, then see if they can bring them to you on the day.

Trying to get them onto a plane in your luggage isn't something I'd have thought would ever be possible. But, someone else might know more than me.

Yeah I don't know for sure but even taking a RIF to an airport could get you into massive trouble.

With posting the only trouble is customs. If they seize the gun they will probably ask you to prove your a skirmisher (You need a defence against the law to buy an RIF in the UK). For UK players this is normally done by UKARA membership (see the UK-Law section on this forum).

However, if you are sending it to Zero One directly they should be able to ring or e-mail customs and confirm its for skirmishing, it may take a while though so I would post at least a few weeks in advance!!

And good luck, I know people do take their guns with them but I personally don't know about the laws regarding this, I can only make an educated guess...

• Supporters

Some airlines will allow firearms (including replicas) to be carries in the hold. The relevant section for British Airways is available at :-

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagrest/public/en_gb

They charge an extra £50 each way for any bag containing guns/ammo and you have to contact them at least 72 hours before the flight to ensure you have all the required documentation.You would need to check the regulations with the airline you plan to use. but would imagine their rules will not be too different.

That could be the main problem - having some document showing you meet the UK defence. Do you have anything like UKARA in Poland? You could contact Zero One to see if they can provide any supporting document - maybe a confirmation of your entry and details of the weekend. You could also contact UKARA to see if there is any way for you to register with them based on your Polish skirmish records.

Archived