Yet another stolen valor person who is now CEO of a non profit. Just controversial all around.

Thisweekinairsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Episode #18 is out and ready for you guys to hear. We dive into the not so happy issue in Airsoft with fakes. Rainbow Airsoft is fractured over a lier within "Ranger" now calling himself "Trench". He lied about bring a Ranger, being Airborn, being a sniper and having served in the Ranger Battalion. Now he's CEO of a so called non profit "Warfighter Airsoft". It's a big mess and we are reporting it for you to know the truth. Can't let liars keep fooling us, so spread the word.

http://thisweekinairsoft.com/2012/12/03/twia-ep-18-stolen-valor/

Check the podcast at http://www.thisweekinairsoft.com/

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/ThisWeekInAirsoft/.

Twitter @TWIAirsoft

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ThisWeekInAirsoft

Google+ https://plus.google.com/117134284944832670449/posts

• Supporters

I was a sniper in the 2nd Battalion BFDF*

I used to get a real rush out of sneaking around behind enemy** lines, lying up for days, piddling in bottles and crapping in poly-bags to leave no scent for the dogs to track, crawling through muck and thorny undergrowth past enemy checkpoints, taking my life in my own hands, all to get that single shot... I was the Angel of Death for anyone within a thousand yards...

Now, even though I'm operating at max ranges of 70m with no more risk than a tiny cut on my face or small bruises, I get a real rush out of airsoft...

* Blackpool & Fylde Defence Force Under 5's

** Yorkshire

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I was a sniper in the 2nd Battalion BFDF*

I used to get a real rush out of sneaking around behind enemy** lines, lying up for days, piddling in bottles and crapping in poly-bags to leave no scent for the dogs to track, crawling through muck and thorny undergrowth past enemy checkpoints, taking my life in my own hands, all to get that single shot... I was the Angel of Death for anyone within a thousand yards...

Now, even though I'm operating at max ranges of 70m with no more risk than a tiny cut on my face or small bruises, I get a real rush out of airsoft...

* Blackpool & Fylde Defence Force Under 5's

** Yorkshire

Probably the best thing I've ever read on a forum ever.

• Supporters

Probably the best thing I've ever read on a forum ever.

Thank you. I do try from time to time.

This bloke tho... to one degree or another we've all seen 'em, I'm sure. To some degree, hopefully tiny, most of us have probably been 'em ffs!

I call it the "Absolute Cock Factor". It starts with the posing of gear in front of noobs and goes through a whole rainbow of dickheadery right up to lying out of the arse!

• Supporters

I'm Itching to get and do my P Company or whatever's going at the time just so I can end up doing PathFinder's or CSAR BUT I WOULD NEVER Lie about already being in.

He's a scummer through and through though "we're not here to make money but help you guy's improve your game (so why do you take vid's down and then when asked about it tell me it's 1 US cunting dollar to get to see it again-_-

• Supporters

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that any of us here would lie about training or deployments etc., just that doing so is an extreme example of the Absolute Cock Factor, which also includes such delights as carrying issue kit into the field which is of no practical use for airsofting and producing it for the 'edification' of noobs to gain kudos.

IMHO of course :D

• Supporters

The only item of kit I think people are total dicks for carrying, are proper ceramic bullet proof plates.

Because 1) they're utterly pointless unless you're made out of tracing paper and "want to be sure"

And 2) they weight a metric fuck ton and just slow you down.

If people want to stay that true to real life they can do by all means as far as I'm concerned, so long as they don't have a paddy when I've hit them after dodging all their shots, 'cos I was light enough on my feet to do so.

But yes, Ultimate Cock Factor - Like it.

• Supporters

Well, I went with "Absolute" but "Ultimate" works. Do you not remember we vaguely discussed it after Brit Tac? Conclusion: ACF Low but not absent...

For me it's not the wearing of lvl 4 plates per se; each to their own I reckon and if somebody asks about the gear or it comes up in conversation, fair enough. It's the drawing attention to it as if wearing actual bulletproof plates to airsoft makes you hard or something (ooh er, although I mean tough, but you have to wonder about the unconscious homo-eroticism involved lol).

How about bringing a real bayonet/fighting knife (I'm not sure: I turned away and carried on sorting my comms out) and saying (I'm paraphrasing), "Look at that. Cut your fcuking head off that will..."

There's only one thing to say, eh? What an absolute cock!

• 2 weeks later...

personally i think its disgusting that anyone would claim to have served and for some sort of kudos in a game ffs! we used to get this alot in the woods ball scene too, i have the up most respect for any person willing to serve in any capacity. to lie about it deserves some form of medieval repercussions imo.

it takes a little more than camo and a gun to be a solider

rant over

• 2 weeks later...

"wearing actual bulletproof plates to airsoft makes you hard or something (ooh er, although I mean tough, but you have to wonder about the unconscious homo-eroticism involved lol)"

Haha! Some people really go slightly OTT although admittedly it does look cool nonetheless, however, it's like you said, when they bring completely unneccessary gear out it's quite stupid. You could argue it's for realism but as long as you look vaguely like a soldier or something then your loadout is fine. As a beginner I think I speak for a few airsofters when I say you often feel intimidated when you see all the other guys with really good equipment and stuff but if doesn't matter as long as you're enjoying airsoft and besides, some of these guys have the Absolute Cock Factor and they are just full of themselves and stuff (as aforementioned already anyway)

• Supporters

Thinking back actually, I recall someone at the GZ weekender setting off my ACF alarm quite heavily... it was when he produced his very expensive jetboil stove from his issue daysack in the dead zone, less than an hour after game start and when questioned on the sense of doing so when it was pushing 25C that day he proceeded to lecture me on the efficiency of the jetboil and how it heated up water really fast.

Later on the same day I overheard the same chopper imparting his knowledge upon one of his friends, 'teaching' (incorrectly, as it turns out) them magpul dynamics techniques for reducing recoil (on their AEG, where recoil is always a significant problem) stating in no uncertain terms that "all the tier 1 operators are taught this stuff and it really works". LOLZ. He then went on to explain how using a 120 round midcap is so liberating when you're used to only having 30 rounds... Yawn.

My guess is he was SAS, of course by that I mean Saturdays and Sundays, or in other words; TA/Walt.

• Supporters

Yeah James, the wild-eyed killer I referred to above was @NAE12 too. Jetboil eh? Give me hexy or give me death! Oops, something must be wearing off on me lol!

I do hate it you have people who most likely have even less sense and knowledge than me in military matters lecturing people in said matters to other

and f*ck I am not even suitable for the armed forces so how some of them supposedly got in is beyond me!

• Supporters

Well Adam, we can hold our service men and women in great respect and at the same time accept that some branches of service require more brains than others and that there are a few where an enquiring mind would be a handicap...

• Supporters

Well Adam, we can hold our service men and women in great respect and at the same time accept that some branches of service require more brains than others and that there are a few where an enquiring mind would be a handicap...

MONGO SMASH!!!!!!

Archived