FNG (Surrey, UK)

Jubigala
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks.

Introducing myself on the forum, as I am new to Air Soft. I have not been to a skirmish yet, I am trying to research where the better places are to go around the Elmbridge/Runnymede, Dorking and Epsom areas of Surrey.

I live around Weybridge area of Surrey, just off of the A3/M25. I have found a couple of sites near me, and it'd be good to see if anyone here attends skirmishes in my area.

Here is a quick list of sites I've found, please let me know what they are like, if you attend or if you've heard anything about them. Would be good to hook up with a few board members.

Ambush Chobham (Near Woking)

Elite Urban (Both Dorking and Epsom)

Ultimate Wargames (Limpsfield, near Godstone, Surrey)

Firefight (Reading, Berks)

I think as games go, I'd prefer more tactical games or Milsim type events. I'm not sure if game types are general at most sites, or specific to individual sites generally. Basically anything that requires some stealth, tactical and strategic game types.. possibly some CQB, but that might be barrel-rolling before I can crawl.

Don't have any loadouts yet. I aim to try out some to get a feel for them, but if anyone has any advice on what would be a good starter loadout for later down the line, that would be appreciated.

Happy Hunting.

Welcome to the site, fellow noob here :)

Anyway I live in Hants, so traveling to Berks or Surrey won't be an issue. Maybe we can do a skirmish once you feel happy to? Although I aim to go on my next skirmish around late Jan-Feb because one of my mates is nearly finished sorting his rig and 1st amateur gun out

@ TacMaster, that sounds cool.

Aldershot.. is that the Camberley site of Ambush? I had seen it, but looked at other ones which where nearer, i.e Chobham. That doesn't mean they are the best ones to go to however. How many times have you been to Ambush Camberley/Aldershot?

@ TacMaster, that sounds cool.

Aldershot.. is that the Camberley site of Ambush? I had seen it, but looked at other ones which where nearer, i.e Chobham. That doesn't mean they are the best ones to go to however. How many times have you been to Ambush Camberley/Aldershot?

Just the once, back when I started the sport. I can't remember much as I was behind cover most of the games :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. I'm looking at booking my first skirmish at either Chobham, Epsom or Dorking. I have a few questions, if you can answer/suggest anything that would be greatly appreciated!

Venue: Can anyone recommend/been to any of the Ambush Chobham, or EAG Epsom/Dorking sites? They all look good, but are all unique. Helps not being a total stranger I would guess.

Guns: I would be a gun rental, but have no idea what type of gun would suit a new player. Something light and mobile I would assume, with a good ergonomic value. I'm not sure if slings are included, or holsters for pistols. I would be more of a recon/support type player than an all-out assault. CQB might be a bit much for a first skirmish.

Gear: I have an assortment of camo clothing coming along nicely, but have no head/eye protection, or anything for the upper body (i.e PC or molle system). I'm missing eye/head/upper body protection currently so please if you have any recommendations, that would be great to hear them. My first aim would be to just get the feel of moving around, handling the gun before I start spraying off BB's like Rambo on crack.

Would a suitable hoodie be a good option for a first time skirmisher? I'm not bothered about looking like hotsh*t on my first outing, I just want to be protected to a certain degree and not overheat too much, until I can gauge what gear I will need.

The eye wear is the priority, but I'm not sure what spec I will need to skirmish exactly.

Any helpful suggestions very welcome!

.. So basically, where would you suggest to go as a first outing, what gun would you use, and how do I protect myself so I will want to go back?

EAG Dorking and Epsom are both good fun :)

Epsom is based in an old ww2 bunker system, very close range stuff!

Dorking is a large site, though the games can be quite fast paced at times.

Bit more choice as to how you want to play though.

Rental guns are ak's and g36's if I remember rightly.

Played both many times, though neither are milsim type days on regular skirmish days, they do run events for regular proven players throughout the year. (wed did Rype village at Lydd army base a while back that was awesome fun)

Flecktarn or dpm's can be picked up for peanuts off amazon or Ebay.

If you are renting they will provide a full face mask and camo coveralls of some sort.

I picked up some camo gear before my first skirmish and a pair of mesh goggles.

Though i've now gone over to ess ice glasses (much better vision, but can suffer fogging issues if used with any sort of lower mask)

EAG sites are all nice and local to me and i've always had a great time with them, well worth a try :) (I play them all)

Dorking is actualy nearer to the village of colgate! They also run at holmbush Farm on the a264 once a month which is a fantastic site (Paintball site, but very well developed, relativly new to the EAG list but growing a healthy list of regulars)

Thanks Pezza. I don't think CQB is the best choice for me yet, so I'll end up at Dorking some time this month or next. As I understand to use UKARA you have to have played at the same site three times, so I want to choose one that I'll be able to enjoy immediately.

Camo wise, at the moment I'm torn between Hellenic, 95 DPM (it's everywhere and cheap as you say) and Flecktarn. Choices..

Archived