L96-type rifles. APS2 & ASG compatibility.

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ok, so I'm planning on getting the Ares AW .338 as soon as JD Airsoft have some back in stock. I've been promised they'll have more in around the 3rd week of December. Which nicely coincides with Christmas.

Anyway though, the one that JD sell is licensed by ASG and from what I've read around the forums with regard to the other L96s is that all the APS2 compatible ones are more or less the same, apart from the ones licensed by ASG, which take a different set of internals or something...

So what I want to know is, will the ASG licensed version, be harder to upgrade, or different on the inside, to the Ares one?

Should I get the ASG? Or wait longer and get the one that's actually sold as an "Ares AW .338?"

It might not even matter because the gun's supposedly VSR compatible. I just want to know how different the ASG version of the L96, is from the other APS2 L96s, like the Well and the Maruzen.

Since ASG just rebrand with trademarks, which L96 do ASG actually rebrand? I'm guessing it's the Well/Warrior? What's the difference between the ASG and the non-ASG?

Cheers.

• Supporters

Pm Dazz gonna be the easiest way of answering your questions, that and you can order your upgrades at the same time ;)

• Supporters

Well there's no difference between the compatibility of the Maruzen and any of its clones with upgrade parts, apart from the PDI Duralumin receiver. - http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=2007

But, I don't see how that would help you with the ARES/ASG compatibility problem.

I'd imagine the ASG (or whatever manufacturer it is a re-brand of) is a clone of the TM L96 AWS (but with different externals), rather than the ARES, not certain about that though.

• Supporters

It is a clone of the Ares. Well, it is the Ares, just with trades on it.

But, I thought that the ASG L96 was the Well with trades on it and I remember reading that the ASG was slightly different with regards to part compatibility. So I was just trying to determine how much difference there was, so I could get an idea how different it might be with the 338.

If they're the same, then what I read must've been wrong. Which is good news.

I just hope that there are enough parts available and compatible for it, for me to get it shooting nicely.

Archived