Introducing Myself!

DaveC_24
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello folk! I thought I'd join up here even though I'm not an airsofter per-se: I own a few airsoft guns (pistols and rifles) for plinking, which were bought in order to allow me to shoot indoors when I didn't have a garden! The low muzzle enrgy of these guns makes them ideal for indoor shooting without collateral damage, plus at 10m (the length of the corridor we had!) they are pretty accurate. :) Of course, this is going back a good way now, when you could get airsoft guns in realistic colours without being registered as an airsoft skirmisher!

I'm located in Camborne, Cornwall, where my wife is from. Even though I myself am a Yorkshireman, we've got some beautiful countryside down here so I can't complain, despite the lack of mountains! I work as a laboatory technician in a local school, so my job consists of handling and maintaining chemicals and equipment and preparing the kit for lessons etc..

I now have a garden and other land over which I have permission to shoot, so I use mostly airguns now: as such, I've decided to sell one of my AEGs because it may as well get some use in its intended role (plus of course I can put the proceeds towards other things), and I haven't used it in 2-3 years now! On the other hand, I do also have an AEG which I intend to hang on to because I'm sort of attached to it! Of course, I tell myself - and the Mrs.! - that we may well move somewhere without a garden once again anyway, so it would then be back in its element. ;) I figured it would therefore be worth showing my face here for technical support and tinkering rather than the skirmishing side of airsoft - hope you don't mind a different take on the hobby! :)

There's many different reasons for owning an airsoft. I also dont have a garden since shot tons at home.. also I cant go semi/full auto on an air rifle / firearm (.22+) or enjoy 5000 shots a £8 :) and yes, here is great for technical help, I hope you'll try skirmish some day thou:)

Archived