On Going Project: UKSF Task Force Black/Knight

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I'm currently starting a new loadout inspired by the SAS Task forces Black and Knight in Iraq circa 2003ish.

I'll mainly be going for the look with the DPM top so its still reasonably effective in woodland

So far I've managed to pull a few pictures from the web for starting points....

Uksf.jpg

sas-task-force-black.jpg

special-air-service-iraq-600x320.jpg

task-force-black-iraq.jpg

special-air-service-photo.jpg

uk-special-forces-iraq.jpg

uksf-us-sof-iraq.jpg

sas-iraq-3.jpg

british-sas.jpg

As for the kit I currently have;

A coyote tan plate carrier with various OD and CT pouches,

DPM smock

and that about sums it all up :)

I think what I'll get first would probaby be a MICH and some US tri-colour trousers.

So any suggestions and pointers would be great!

I'll be uploading pics etc as I go along, I'll try and get some of the PC tomorrow.

Main question ATM is do you guys think a CT carrier would work???

Thanks Nick

• Supporters

How accurate do you want to have the kit? I've got a list somewhere that'll give you an accurate impression ;) or if you just want a similar setup I can help aswell.

How accurate do you want to have the kit? I've got a list somewhere that'll give you an accurate impression ;) or if you just want a similar setup I can help aswell.

An accurate kit list would be good as the more info the better :D what I was saying is I simply don't have the budget to get everything perfect

• Supporters

Generally this is what was used around the time those pics were taken

SG RAV (Paraclete or clone) w/OD or Tan pouches (Blackhawk or similar)

Mix and match camo from UK and US

OD gentex helmet (mich 2000) w/bolt on or strap Pvs-21 mount

Sordin headset

Ct5 mic (good look with that :P )

(Also seen are the tea type ptt so that could be used aswell)

P226

L119a1 10"

Anything else you want more detail on in particular?

• Supporters

If you're interested in an L119 to get the full look, then my build is up for grabs because I can't be arsed to finish it.

Let me know if you want any more details.

Generally this is what was used around the time those pics were taken

SG RAV (Paraclete or clone) w/OD or Tan pouches (Blackhawk or similar)

Mix and match camo from UK and US

OD gentex helmet (mich 2000) w/bolt on or strap Pvs-21 mount

Sordin headset

Ct5 mic (good look with that :P )

(Also seen are the tea type ptt so that could be used aswell)

P226

L119a1 10"

Anything else you want more detail on in particular?

Thanks a lot,

I think the weapons will come in their own time as budget is small as with the RAV,

I'll try to get some pics up of the plate carrier tonight

Some pics would be good Ed :)

• Supporters

I'm on my phone at the mo, but if you scroll down the general section and look for my "projects over the next year or so" thread, then there's some photos in that.

As well as a sales post towards the end.

cheers, Ed,

Just found this which has a lot f really good pics on it

http://board.gearsoc...472d6e29adae8ee

EDIT: Ed found the thread and looks perfect if I had the money :/

ALSO I am currently looking to buy a MICH 2000 (preferably with a NVG mount) and DCU trousers in small

As I promised here are the pics of the plate carrier I have ATM and with a rough pouch arrangement (left the chest area black as this would have a pistol on it):

IMAG0491.jpg

IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0495.jpg

Any suggestions would love to here them :)

• Supporters

Are you planning on buying a rav? Or would you rather stick with the ricas?

In the long run I'll be getting a RAV but for the mean time ill be using that for a while.

I would ideally like to try a RAV before I buy one.

On the subject of RAV's does anyone know how they fit etc. as some people have said they're massive?

Thanks

I've managed t get a set of issued DCU off eBay (for a grand total of £14) which I'm very happy with as I would prefer to get the issue stuff compared to the remakes where I can and where budget allows.

Three Questions:

1. What would be a good rifle to start as a base for a L119A1 with out being too expensive as I would ideally like it to be about as much as I could sell my A&K Masada for?

2. In terms of the RAV, any idea of size, I'm about 5'8", 32 waist and 38 chest?

3. Whats the best P226 to go for?

Thanks a lot

• Supporters

Umm any 10" m4 with ris, that's rear wired,

I'd go with a medium rav (you going for a real one or a copy?)

and of course a TM 226, may aswell get the e2 version, whilst not period correct, they work a lot better in the uk, what with our stupid weather ;)

• Supporters

Never used the kwa, so I couldn't comment

I'm going purely on the fact that out of my Airsoft mates 5 of us have TM 226's and wouldn't use anything else other than a TM :)

• Supporters

If you really want an L119, you can have mine.

It started off as a G&P M4 Commando, which was £240 from WolfArmouries. It's an 11" barrel, but close enough. I've bought a custom 6" barrel extension to make it into the 16" SW version of the C8/L119.

I bought a Guarder RIS kit for £100 and a foregrip for a tenner from a mate.

I've rear wired it, albiet badly and I've added a pad to the stock.

I also added a rear sling mount to the rear of the receiver at the start of the buffer tube.

I'll also throw in a single point sling and a slightly faulty ACOG I'm struggling to get rid of.

Original boxes for everything too.

I can't give you any batteries or mags though, unfortunately.

There's still a lot to do if you want it to be spot on, but the stock is the correct model for an L119, the barrel extension helps set it apart from being just another M4 and the silhouette of it is more or less an L119.

Currently the gearbox is locked up and it needs a spring downgrade, probably could do with a professional rewiring job doing as well.

But! I'll sell you it for £300.

Bearing in mind, to get all this separate, which you'd no doubt do anyway, apart from the barrel extension, it'd cost you:

£240 for the rifle

£100 for the RIS

£25 for the extension

£10 for the sling mount

£20 for the stock pad

£30 for a similar condition ACOG

£10 for a fore grip

So it's quite a bargain, no? You're saving around £150 if you count the postage costs I had to pay.

If you get it sent off to be rewired, unjammed and downgraded, it'll be right as rain and flawless as anything, then you just need to buy the extra bits and bobs to brush it up.

To finish it, I'd buy the correct grip, gas block and receiver, maybe get the stock barrel cut down by an inch to make it the right length, get the right flash hider, then it's pretty much done.

• Supporters

Tut tut Ed, this isn't a sales/wanted thread ;)

But it is a good deal :P

• Supporters

Seems kinda pointless putting a thread up if I've already found someone that might want it.

I'm still partial to it as well, I might sort it out myself and hang on to it, I'm not too fussed either way.

Cheers Nutster, and Ed if I had the money, alas I doubt I have anything like £300 any time soon so I was kind of asking for future reference :)

• Supporters

That's alright.

I can't really be arsed to go through the rigmarole of making a sales thread and adding photos and whatnot if there's no potential buyer, so I'll probably just hang on to it for the time being.

Might still have it when you can afford it.

okay cheers mate :)

my DCU from eBay arrived yesterday and fro £14 its great! All ex-issue and in really good quality.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay bit of an update... I've so far got the camo sorted, I've got DCU and DPM to mux and match depending on weather etc.

My RAC also arrived today.. and for only £65 so very happy!

YqaEE.jpg

Archived