ARMA III Devs still falsely detained for espionage

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure how many of you know about this, but if you don't then the short story is two game devs went to Greece for a holiday and took some pictures and videos (a whole 14 frames is being used as "evidence") as a normal tourist does. Since they work on the military simulator series ARMA which has had issues with the Greek government in the past, they are probably being made an example of because of one persons personal vendetta.

To me this is a jackass thing to do. The EU just gave them more money to bail them out of their financial crisis and this is how they choose to spend it!?

Feel free to express your opinions and whatnot here. But if you want to help or get more information then just head here. I've done all I can to help the game industry now.

http://petition.helpivanmartin.org/

• Supporters

I agree, it's incredibly stupid, and the point you make about the bailout is a good one.

The fact that they're associates of a game development company, with ArmaII as evidence to support their story, they really shouldn't be there at all.

I don't really have anything else to add, I couldn't agree with you more.

• 1 month later...
Guest WhiteDeath

Yup,they had a small welcoming party consisting of other devs and family.After 3 months of Prison.It was insanely stupid.You can even find the ''secret'' base on google earth and even see the F-16 hangers.It's ridiculous.

Maybe they'll add some easter eggs relating to the case to ArmA III....

• Supporters

If they add Greek forces they ought to give them spud guns or something, whole thing was a pathetic ton of balls.

I think the edition launched in Greece should start with the player having to serve a virtual few months of play time in prison before being allowed to play the game :)

• Supporters

It's not made by Bethesda... Is it?

^_^

Archived