Hand-made rifle stock

LTolstoy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys, My friend has put the question to me and asked me to make him a wooden stock for his gspec.

Im passing the question on to you guys and asking if it is possible to make a hand-made airsoft stock, I have all the tools necessary and time isn't an issue.

If this is viable i will also be posting a journal of how to make one.

well, It would be the same process as making a stock for a real rifle cept it would be used for airsoft.

I ended up making a full rifle furniture out of some good timber from the local yard.

Do you plan to use metal or wood?

• Supporters

I reckon it'd be pretty easily achievable if you had the right tools.

You'd have to have the rifle it was for to hand though, the tricky bit will be lining up all the screws etc. and making it all properly flush, though I guess that goes without saying.

• Supporters

I'm planning on doing exactly that to a gspec, but I've got the added challenge of making it look like a SMLE at the end. The metal work has just arrived, now I have to find a nice piece of wood. Check out the ww2 airsoft uk forums, plenty of people modifying the wood parts of real .303's.

By the sound of it the mag well is a bit of a challenge, as the release catch is not easy to transfer. People there suggest using velcro on the barrel and top of the mag but sometimes you have to press it up to get the bb to feed correctly.

Dude that's just Making it hard for you i'd also make it out of thinner but more Plywood :-)

Hmm maybe.. not going to even consider starting this till around feb time anyway.. My workshop is very cold and demotivating at the moment haha.

Archived