Battery Help

Searley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I am interested in the G&G UMP here:

http://www.zerooneai...roducts_id=5769 and http://www.fire-supp...airsoft-gun-aeg

I just wondered what battery this would take? I notice that both sites recommend a different battery, and state it in the specs. Is there any reason for this? What would all you guys recommend? I don't want to buy something thats going to impact the life of the gun. Also roughly how long would each battery last? Will I need 2 or 3 for a days play?

Thanks a lot!

It uses long, stick type batteries.

ZeroOne do their recommendations using NiMH batteries (which I think is best, as it gives you an idea of the size of the battery compartment), whereas Fire Support recommend the use of a 7.4v LiPo stick battery.

If you're new to the sport, I'd stick to NiMH batteries for now. LiPos need a bit of care and attention- or they will get damaged and potentially hazardous.

Here's a pic of the batts you will probably need, if going NiMH or LiPo:

NiMH:

VP84_1600s.jpg

LiPo:

lip-7.4v-1400mah-stick-lipo-battery-1284-p.jpg

As for number of batteries, it depends on how trigger happy you are. Personally, you cannot get enough batteries- what if a mate needs one?

I'd definitely get two or 3. 2 at the very least.

Also, batteries last however long according to their "mAh" value (milliAmps/hour). I.e. a 2000mAh battery will last longer than a 1600mAh battery.

LiPo batteries offer a longer life span and great power output than NiMH, but like I said you need to read up on them first, as they need a little more care and attention- not to mention a different charger!

I personally use LiPos. Only recently sold all my NiMH's, but they are the best for a starter. You can run them flat and charge them up again without any worries!

It uses long, stick type batteries.

ZeroOne do their recommendations using NiMH batteries (which I think is best, as it gives you an idea of the size of the battery compartment), whereas Fire Support recommend the use of a 7.4v LiPo stick battery.

If you're new to the sport, I'd stick to NiMH batteries for now. LiPos need a bit of care and attention- or they will get damaged and potentially hazardous.

Here's a pic of the batts you will probably need, if going NiMH or LiPo:

NiMH:

VP84_1600s.jpg

LiPo:

lip-7.4v-1400mah-stick-lipo-battery-1284-p.jpg

As for number of batteries, it depends on how trigger happy you are. Personally, you cannot get enough batteries- what if a mate needs one?

I'd definitely get two or 3. 2 at the very least.

Also, batteries last however long according to their "mAh" value (milliAmps/hour). I.e. a 2000mAh battery will last longer than a 1600mAh battery.

LiPo batteries offer a longer life span and great power output than NiMH, but like I said you need to read up on them first, as they need a little more care and attention- not to mention a different charger!

I personally use LiPos. Only recently sold all my NiMH's, but they are the best for a starter. You can run them flat and charge them up again without any worries!

What a fantastic reply, thanks a lot! :)

Archived