Hello

RDG
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just joined yesterday and though I'm unlikely to post much thought it polite to say hello and introduce myself a bit.

My current interest in airsoft is more along target shooting and plinking than skirmishing. Planning in the coming year to set up a target range on the farm for the Scouts, Cubs and other youngsters to use. As part of that was looking for more info on airsoft, manufacturers, guns, spec etc and found this place.

Looks like I could find everything I need here .... and get lead astray on all sorts of fun stuff aswell !

.. now off to find my way round.

Duncan.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to post a topic or add questions to an existing one if you can't find what you're looking for, we're a friendly bunch.

welcome:) Suppose airsoft can be a bit safer than airguns / firearms (just dont get em mixed up^^).. and semi/auto is an extra cool factor for sure :D

Not quite sure if you are allowed to own black guns for this purpose thou.

Mind if I ask your (aprox) age, it seems like quite a mature thing to do!

Grumble Grumble Cookie?

by the way guy's a Jaffa is a Biscuit Muahahaha

...the what?

Thanks for the welcomes. Two_zero, you made me chuckle, at last I'm sounding mature ..... not bad for 42 ! :D

I already have an archery range on the farm that is ran to GNAS standards that I use with the Scout Group and for intro sessions to the sport. If I go ahead with the rifle range it'l be run to NSRA standards on safety with my insurance updated to include it.

I've used a range localy that use bolt action, spring airsoft rifles. The younger and slighter kids clearly found it easier. No strugle to get the hang of cocking the rifle, or need of the physical strength to do it easily and safely. Lighter to hold, shoulder and aim.

I found it easier to get them moving forward on stance, holding, handling and aiming the airsoft rifles than with the air rifles. Seems a good intro point before they move on to more power and longer ranges if they show the interest.

I'm not 100% decided yet, hence finding out more and finding my way here. The research could be fun :D

I'm guessing Craigs "Jaffa" comment is along lines of "just another fu**** observer " ?

Thanks for the welcomes.

Duncan

Archived