Which ak47 ?

AIRMIKE
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all im a newbie, been scouting the site and working out who are the best makes, these 2 which would be best at a budget i think:

CYMA : http://www.airsoftwe...-AK47-Tactical/

this is chinese with high power but reliable ?

JG: http://www.ironfoot.co.uk/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=462

rated at 370 and seems to be a gd chioce for some and gd on price but any gd really ?

My budget is around £150, i dont want to spend too much yet, any suggestions/info are welcome please, i deffo want a ak47/74, i do like the other guns but just like the ak best and from what i can gather theres quite a bit of options for these rifles!

mike.

edit had the wrong link on the JG.

Definetely go CYMA, out of the box they are great, but come in hop so you'll need to slap in an M90 or so to get it site legal. I love mine, feels great and shoots great.

Out of the two, get the cyma. Absoloutly bullet proof guns. You will need a spring downgrade, as they are around 400fps. However this is a good thing in my mind as it puts less stress on the gearbox, so they last forever!

Oh right thats cool, i see tho the cyma has 448 fps, i know my local skirmish has a limit of 350, what do i have to do to get the power down ? simple change spring or what ?

Yes you will need a spring change. I put a m90 in each of mine as it brings the fps down to about 310, which means I can use them at cqb or woodland. No noticable drop in range, still can hit people a long way away and in my mind puts less stress on the gearbox over time, so I'm happy.

Most UK shops, and a certain Polish shop I use all the time, will do a spring downgrade for the cost of the spring, but you will need to ask them specifically.

Oh right cool i will deffo do that then, cant hurt to ask can it. 310 is quite a drop tho, i would like more around 340 as it will be for woodland. i saw something about changing the connecters ? to do with the battery maybe to increase power ?

If you want 340 then you want a m100 or maybe a m110 in there. Range is all about your set up though. The cyma's have a good hop unit so tweaking that gives great range and if I ever decide it warrents a tightbore then I have no problem fitting it and still being well within site limits, as this would add about 15-20fps'ish.

It is one of those things that is up to you. I personally am happy with all my guns around 320fps, others like to have them at 348 for their 350fps site.

Most guns come with small or large tamiya connectors. Lots of players like to change these for deans or xt60 connectors. Tamiya connectors can be a little loose by nature, which can cause an increase of resistance and a lower rate of fire or just a disconnect and it won't fire. Connectors like deans or xt60's have a better connection so you have a lower resistance in the connector and better power transfer from your battery to your motor.

as for increasing power, they don't, thats done by the spring and seal. Basically Voltage = rate of fire, mAh= how long it fores for

ah thanks dude, u have been a real help here, its all quite easy really it seems and when i get my licence i can start buying and modding :D as for tight bore, do u know what kind of standard barrel size a usual rifle comes with ? I can actually make a barrel myself at work for nothing (im a cnc turner) but i dont know if they cost alot or not ?

Ill deffo do the connectors then, try to get the best out of the gun :)

Full size ak's use a 455mm inner barrel and to be honest for £35 you may as well save yourself the hassle and buy a madbull version 2 inner.

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Madbull-Black-Python-Ver-2-6-03mm-Tight-Bore-Barrel-455mm_ALU86.aspx

connectors you can get on ebay or cables and chargers and batteries from here:

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/

Hi i you on a budget here's a couple of kings arms AK'S for £48 cheaper. full and folding stock guns and you'll save some for your tight bore etc etc

I had AIRSOFT WEAPONS site saved in favs but i cant seem to fine that Ak in there, their web site seems to have changed as it did have a selection of enrty level guns which is no longer on thier site ???

had my eye on an A&K masada for £185 as an after christmas pressy for myself,but entry level weapons no longer on the site

http://shop.tenburyg...=51_10162_10208

oh thats strange, the link is still good, i dont know about how they have changed, i looked at that link and theres a king arms ak for £108 which is gd, did u see the £48 ak's on tenbury site coz i searched it theres no £48 on there. To be honest sounds to cheap, id rather spend more like £150 get something that isnt top brass but isnt bad either that lasts.

Thanks bigshep, i can make 6.01 barrels but thats probably to tight lol if i phew all the dimensions i could easily make one but proby buying 1 will be easier..

sorry my mistake it should be your save £48. No AK for that price. Cyma do a springer for less lol

as for airsoft weapons web site here's the link I have saved in my favorites and there is no entry level guns there, it says it in latest news but when you click on it nowt? (dated 12 August) If you have a link where you can get to the entry level guns on this site (below) could you post it if poss as I've tried to find it but gave up. the links you have in first post will not show the that cyma AK on the links you posted

http://www.airsoftweapons.co.uk/

Ok i went onto the site and your right i couldn't find that AK anywhere, infact they had hardly any weapons on the site, my link still works for me and i tried putting the rifle in the basket,worked fine sooo either site is busted or they dont do that rifle anymore and its a glitch. I hope it isnt and i can buy that, its really nice.

oh i clicked on the link for entry guns and i got this:

'Having been constantly asked for weapons that would either suit a start-up skirmisher or an experienced skirmisher looking for a little treat (!) we are now stocking an "entry level" range of guns.

"Entry level" should not be mistaken for cheap fairground toys, these guns represent great value for money and will hopefully encourage more people to understand that Airsoft is a hobby that is accessible to eveyone and that you don't need to start off by spending £100's until you get to know what best suits you and what type of skirmisher you want to be!.

Initially supplied on a pre-order basis and because of this we compensate you with free shipping.'

maybe its under contruction..

Not sure if I can contribute anything, there's been quite a few posts. however from all what I have heard, CYMA makes some of the best affordable AKs out there (does not necessarily apply to their other RIFs thou). JG is usually excellent guns, but when it comes to AK, def CYMA.

well ive emailed the website http://www.airsoftweapons.co.uk/ and they said that the supply from hong kong was bad so they dont supply it at the moment and thats why they dont have entry level guns too. Will reply asking if they will get them again ?

i might go for the JG, saves my over £40 to spend on other bits.

Do you have site membership/ukara? If so then buy from these guys, absoloutley brilliant and shipping is about £15

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric_air_soft_guns/cm_028a_tactical_1.html is the plastic bodied version

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-042a-cm-tactical_1.html is the metal bodies version

and in GBP they are £79 and £135 respecfully, plus postage and spring change.

Ah cheers, i take this is a polish site, good prices too, the metal is more powerful but heavier, i would like the metal one for sure. No i dont have the membership yet, got my first game on the 8th, i will pick up some full metal ak's in the shop and get a feel for weight, i might want to go plastic. Thanks for the info and help.

just noticted in the specs it says 'Bearings diameter: 7 mm' do u know what it means by this ?

• Supporters

Is Skirmish High Wycombe the same as Xsite at lane End? If so then it is worth considering buying from them. as they will downgrade to within the site limit as part of the sale. Buying from your skirmish site (if they have the gun you want) also has the advantage that they are on hand during skirmishes if anything goes wrong. The guys in the shop are really helpful and very happy to spend time with you selecting your gun.

• Supporters

You don't need a tight bore barrel in a CYMA AK, they come with a 6.04mm barrel as standard and both range and accuracy out of the box is excellent. Mine chrono'd just over 350fps when it arrived, without any changes. However that was 1st thing on a freezing morning and I think it got a bit more powerful during the day. If you don't know what you're doing, it probably is best to get the shop to set it up for you. Just ask 'em for under 350. You don't want to lose any more power than that - I promise you that you would notice the loss of range in dropping down to the low 300's...

This is hardly the place for another discussion of the voodoo involved in AEG range, but apart from my considered opinion, I'm going on direct experience: I've tried a few different set ups in my CYMA tactical AK, some of which have produced lower velocities, and there's up to 15m of range lost by lower power which cannot be got back by increased hop. In fact you'll find that unless you use BB's heavier than 0.2g you'll need hardly any hop at all and more will just make your shots rise unacceptably.

Anyway, yeah, go for the CYMA.

yes richard its at lane end and they have a new outpost which is cqb near dunstable which im doing on the 8th, i went to the shop a few weks ago and the bloke i spoke to was quite helpful and friendly, tbh ill see what their prices are like and i know i can hire an ak full metal. Im deffo going for the cyma, its very nice and adaptable with gd range and power, with a gd price.

thanks ian for rht e info and your opinion ;)

Archived