Problem Gun

latheaxe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Problem gun.... Just bought a second hand electric TM m733..Worked fine for a couple of hundred shots and now it will only fire if I wind the mag as I am firing.Tried the other two mags that came with it that dont have winders and it wont fire them at all...Stripped the gun down, no obstructions and the piston is working fine, only thing I have changed is the battery which is a 8.5V same as the gun came with, Has anybody got any ideas???....Thanks

Sounds more like a feed issue into the hop unit if it fires whilst being force fed BBs whilst winding. Have you tried the mags in any other guns? If so, do they feed properly in those? If not, have you checked the mags are actually feeding BBs cleanly?

The fact that you can feed BBs from the hicap by winding suggests the mag spring could be broken, something that happens quite regularly. I've replaced about 5 mag springs previously, as the bent end is quite brittle and can easily break if over-wound. Also mid-caps can jamb up if not maintained and therefore not feed cleanly either.

If you release the slider and the bb's shoot out then the springs are probably fine.

wind the hop completely off and try the mags as you may find the hop is on too much.

Try holding the mags in differnt positions in the magwell, you may find that they magwell or the tab on the mags is a bit worn and not holding them in in the right place.

+1 on what Bigshep says as well. I've got a similar problem with my G&P M16A3 at the moment. Having stripped it out to fit an ASCU mosfet it's now decided not to feed the BBs, although all the mags I've tried work perfectly in my other M16. It seems only the slightest change can cause problems. These things are much more temperamental than even real steel weapons.

Try forcing the mag into the magwell when firing it. If it fires when you wind then it would indicate you are applying preasure to the bottom fo the mag, ie pushing it up, soo if this is the case and it fires when you do that?

Could be something as daft as the hop has moved slightly which is causing problems feeding.

All this is assuming the gun is making shooting sounds and air is coming out the barrel, and you have checked you don't have a blockage?

UPDATE...Started again today, totally stripped it down and siliconed it all,put it back together and then I could fire as long as I pushed the mag forward..Also found the metal slide that covers the hop up was jammed against it.Took it all to bits removed the metal slide plate but it didnt make any difference to the firing...I then took a screwdriver and pressed the hop up with it and EUREKA!!!! its firing fine although I cant put the metal slide back on so I have left it off for now...At least its usable and I am now off to Halo Mill to give it some whack!! Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, it really is appreciated...

So basically the hop unit has moved upwards a bit. Meaning it is not pressing down on the bb releser bit og the magazine.

Sounds like the screws holding the hop unit in place are loose or threaded. Have a look and see of there is any way to brace the hop in position properly. Maybe the barrel is not fitted right forcing the hop unit up slightly? Maybe if you put a slice of something above the inner barrel then it will keep the hop in position?

Archived