ESS safety glasses

Jamesb0551
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone use these? I was recommended to get a pair but I've realised it says in the handbook not for use in airsoft or paintball? Just wondering if that's them covering their back

James

Ill put it this way for you. After seeing their demo test where they shot it with bird shot, i thought it was BullSh*t, to i done it myself.

Needless to say, I can honnestly say that if i was to take a shotgun to the face, my eyes would be in good condition, how ever my bains will still be splattered over the wall behind me.

• Supporters

Got a pair of the ess ice 2.4's and a pair of the nvg goggles, couldn't reccomend them enough, had countless shots ping off the lenses and they don't show any signs of failing me yet :)

They only say that because there's a chance that a bb will get round the side/under the frame/through a vent if you get hit from just the wrong angle. That's a chance you take with any glasses.

The lenses themselves are more than enough for airsoft. There is no difference between the ESS NVG goggles and the ESS NVG Airsoft goggles except that the airsoft version comes with a plastic frame that covers the vents and bridge of nose area where there's a chance (albeit small) that a bb might get in on a pair without the cover (called a cortex clip). They also remove the foam from the airsoft ones to help prevent steaming up!

Cheers guys I got the ice ones at a good price, I work at an opticians so I've had them fitted should lower the risk of a bb hitting on the wrong angle.

I thought it would be a case of them putting that on so they don't get sued

Archived