Best upgrade for a Tokyo Marui High Cycle?

airnoob

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have a Tokyo Marui High Cycle M4 and it's my first gun. Love it! I would now like to try my hand at upgrading it and see if I can increase the FPS a bit, to around 330.

I was thinking of first getting a tightbore barrel, as supposedly that's the easiest way to increase FPS?

Are there any other things that I could do to make this gun into a beast? :)

Tightbore, that is all

Thanks for the tips guys! I have a Madbull Auto Tracer Blackside unit (which looks like a silencer). Will a long tightbore barrel fit inside that unit, or does it have to be a standard silencer?

i honestly dont see the need to make the barrel longer its a cqb weapon you dont need more fps really there's no way you can miss someone on full auto i'd just get a madbull 601 tightbore of the correct size and give it a madbull hop up rubber you got all the range and accuracy you need unless your a bad shot even at 280 fps the bb takes longer to get to someone 30 m away the rof is so high you can fire a hail of bbs to any direction the target could run to before it gets there

• 1 month later...

So today I finally got around to upgrading my TM M4 High Cycle. Added a 6.03 Madbull TBB. Was my first internal upgrade job.

Initially was a bit scared of fiddling around inside but it was actually pretty easy apart from the annoying little nub which had to be maneovered into the hop up unit with a ball point pen.

I don't have a chrono but instantly the gun felt like it shot with more of a crack and a more determined BB. Can't wait to skirmish with it tomorrow at Elite in Worthing, W. Sussex. It'll be my first woodland skirmish too!

One last point - I went to Pro Airsoft Supplies in Highgate and the guys there were really nice and very helpful. Lots of customers hanging out in store like it was a proper gentlemen's club. Highly recommended.

• 2 years later...

For the benefit of Mr Necro here;

I've got a TM High-Cycle M4 and a tighter bore barrel of same length made almost no difference (about 5 fps), a longer one (about +5cm if i remember correctly) gained about 15fps. I wouldn't go any longer, as the cylinder volume wont facilitate much more...

Still not worth doing, and i only bothered as i already had the barrel, and had to take the gun apart apart to re-wire the battery connection to front.

One those lovely TM guns that's just fecking perfect out the box, and any tinkering will just disturb the balance. You might as well start with a combat machine and build your own gearbox (from parts) if you've got the ability, and inclination to get more out of a stubby M4...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.