Skull full face mask!

spook
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy some face protection. I am new to airsoft so am wondering whether to go for a full face skull mask as seen on ebay with mesh eyes. Are these good for protection? Will I look stupid wearing this?

I was looking at either: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skull-Airsoft-Paintball-Hunting-War-Game-Protect-Mask-/330818678572?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item4d06546f2c

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skull-Skeleton-Airsoft-Paintball-BB-Gun-Full-Game-Face-Protect-Mask-/261063399220?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item3cc8975734

If these are no good then can you recommend some cheap alternatives? They dont have to be skull based.....lol

Many thanks

No you wont look stupid wearing them. A hot gun might pierce the mesh thou, or paint from it might fly in your eye.

cheap and safer alternative? get goggles for £1-3 from your local DIY store, then a lower face mesh mask from ebay for sub £10.. also gives the advantage that you can remove the lower face mask inbetween games, even when you're not in a safe zone.

• 2 weeks later...

The above comment makes no sense, skulls have been around longer than CoD, which I despise but just assume people want to wear skull related items for the fact that is how they wish to enjoy the sport.

More on topic, those ones aren't very good, seen one or two and they're a bit flimsy, the mesh seemed too spaced between the holes so vision may have been affected. If you are dead set on full face and a skull appearance, though mildly common, army of two airbrushed masks look far superior and are worth the money for quality alone. If not, there's many forms of full face protection so have a browse about.

If you are going for full face then I would get something that's solid. Ive heard stories about BBs pushing through the teeth holes of masks like that. Although most of the impact is taken away, you dont want it to happen really. An AO2 mask would be a better bet. Here is what mine looks like:

axryayrcqaei44cjpglarge.jpg

You'd be surprised how breathable it is to be honest. But it is a tight fit, it also hinders your lower vertical vision. So you have to literally watch where you are walking. I will use this sometimes, but I got a mesh mask and mesh goggles (with balaclava under) as a replacement.

Archived