Need some Secondary Advice

Alpha211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I'm quite new to the airsoft scene, I know the types, models and basics really but I need some advice

I am wanting to invest in my own secondary weapon & hire the primary at the site

I have been looking at some options

I cannot really spend over £50 as I am getting gear as well

Would you recommend a springer pistol or electric/gas pistol?

Also I have been seeing, may it be worth having a more powerful springer rifle as a secondary weapon? I have found some rifles under £50 that have relatively good specs, would it be worth getting one of them?

Thanks alot

You might get something like a CYMA G18 AEP for around your budget, if anyone has one for sale, but most decent pistols will be in the £75 to £125 range, as most choice will be Gas Blow Back (GBB). There are not too many electric pistols around, so your choice would be limited anyway.

Spring two tone pistols exist, but they are really only a last ditch weapon when everything else runs out of ammo or you are playing in really cold weather, when even AEPs can stop working.

As regards spring rifles, don't even bother. If you are thinking of a sniper rifle then anything under about £125 really isn't worth the money (unless buying something second-hand) and most even then need ££££ spent on them to make them anywhere near worthwhile and accurate. Anything under £50 is just a kids toy. And a spring assault rifle will just get you shot over and over as most players using AEGs will be hitting you with 20 - 30 rounds before you can re-cock after one shot. Spring rifles are really just for back garden plinking.

• Supporters

Kill yourself if you don't get an AEP (Cyma G18C, Or a VZ61 Scorpion) otherwise save and when you hit £130 get a GBB KWA pistol's are best IMHO

If you are brand new and going to hire at the site. Do not bother with a sidearm, it really is not worth it. When buying you want to prioritise and buy your main weapon, a backup main weapon and then a side arm. In the last 4 or 5 years airsofting I have never had or needed a side arm (well apart from a spiring revolver for laughs).

I bought a Para Ordnance as my first ever weapon, before i even went to my first skirmish, then i bought a TM M4A1 followed that with a TM Sig P226. But i love my handguns, i have a long list of stuff i want, a lot of them are pistols. that said, if you can, save up about £200 and get an AEG first, will save you a fortune in hire fees!

have fun.

Archived