Chargers...

tomfazz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hoping someone could link me with a good charger as i still have no idea what i'm looking for. I'd prefer to not be spending lots for a charger however i don't want to buy one that could F*** my battery like i think my current one did. Cheers.

LiPo: turnigy 2/3s balance charger. Cheap, cheerful and does the job perfectly: http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B008RDNMHK (unavailable, but now you can see what it looks like)

NiMH/NiCD: not really sure if this has a name or brand but this is a wonderful charger for nimmies/caddies: http://www.socomtact...diot-proof.html

Of course compare prices of these things, watch out for hidden shipping costs too!

However I would strongly suggest you get all your battery related things from www.component-shop.co.uk. A lovely Wales-based website that have some of the best prices around, cheap and fast shipping and will even custom build a battery for you if you email them nicely!

Oh and as for LiFe, I can't comment as I can't see the point in switching for the prices they are...

Also if you want a charger that can do all of them, look into the Imax B6 chargers... they'll charge everything from NiMh to LiPo to your razor...

• 1 year later...
  • Supporters

^^By getting a charger with deans connectors on it, or with a short cable going from whichever connector your charger has to deans on the other end. Check here.

I would have said go to Component Shop too - I did for my own Turnigy Accucell 6 which is a great charger. Thing is, it's exactly the same machine as the iMax B6, just in a different coloured box, so either this one if you think that, at some point, you may wish to use a car battery to power it, but it also needs a 12V 5A mains power supply*, or this one which has a mains power supply built in. Either of them will be all the charger you ever need for airsoft batteries now and for the foreseeable future.

*I'm not 100% that the DC output lead of this PS fits the DC input socket of the B6, but it probably does & it's the simplest thing to solder a new one if it doesn't. This one will definitely fit as is, but costs more.

turnigy or imax, both will do all the batteries you require, nimh, lipo & life

so if you already have nihm but want to upgrade to life later your already sorted rather than buying two chargers

Archived