G36E/K?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Has anyone ever used both in the field? I prefer the G36E (the long one) and I mostly play woodland, so the length isn't an issue.

but I also occasionaly enjoy dabbling in a little CQB (and FIBUA) aaand what I want to know is how bad is the G36E even with the stock folded in?

is it still usable or is it just appauling?

and the same again for anyone who has used a K model, is it appauling or does it work?

The only difference between the K and full length in airsoft is the length. They should both perform the same. If you want an all rounder then go for the K (you can get it with the E carry handle scope).. It is M4 sized but has a folding stock for CQB.

• Supporters

yeah, but the E is so much moer.... awesome. and rare.

I will definatly get an E if it is useable in CQB (its about a meter long with stock extended)

but if not, I'm not sure if I like the K enough to get one. and I REALLY don't want a C.

as I'm spending a fair amount on this gun (if I save up :lol:) I want it to be right for me.

the few times I've used it I have always preferred the K version mainly due to the fact that it is slightly larger (always believed bigger is better) but also in CQB it depends on where you are and who shoots first not whether your gun 4-10cm shorter than the guy with the sub machine gun, but also with a sight the K version looks cool, the shorter versions have (my own opinion) always looked kinda dwarfed by the larger scopes (i saw one guy with a scorpion and a sniper scope attached, the scope probably weighed heavier than the gun and the guy complained that it was too heavy to carry with one hand)

• Supporters

I don't miond the K at all, its just not something I Love enough to buy outright. and C's aren't rare enough for me (I like rare or silly looking things)

and geoffreym, are you sure teh K is longer than the E? from everything I know, all my mates know and the rest of teh world knows, the E is longer..... but please, if you know something other than that, enlighten us all :lol:

The G36E is the Export version of the G36. It is basically the same apart from it is missing the red dot above the scope. The K is the Kurz version, it is 12 cm shorter than the E or normal G36 and it is 14 cm longer than the C.

• Supporters

yup.

well my thinking is to get one gun I love, use it ALL the time. it becomes second nature, whack a decent hop up and stuff in it so it is super consistent. that way, instead of getting used to one gun by the end of the day, then swapping next time I go airsfoting, I can just use the ione gun I am super-used to and thus play better.

also, does anyone know if you cna get a MOLLE drop leg rig?

I intend on having a drop leg mag pouch and a dump bag. and other than something to carry pyro's in, not much else (im a lightweight and heavy doesnt work for me)

I've heard only good things about Classic Army's G36 family (IRRC, they call them a CA36 or something)

Infact, I know they're good, since I've ended up using various versions when my chocolate teapot of a gun fails on me at official skirmishing sites.

I've been told by a pal who has the C and K, that they are fairly easy to upgrade and modify. Replacement parts are fairly easy to find too.

But, I see that you've already found some manufacturers you like.

Also, technically you can have a K which is longer than a standard/E. There is/was a few different types of stock avaliable for the G36, (a folding one and an extendable one) which if put on a G36K would infact make it longer than the E. Also, suppressors. But, I've know idea if H&K still make them, or if anyone has made an airsofting variant.

info taken from a book on 'the history of modern firearms'

shut up hugh :lol:

but surely you could put said extenda-stock onto the E and make it longer?

Cheers Dave :lol:

Well yes, but then the thing would be (quote)"rediculously oversized, and nigh impossible to hold or aim with"(/quote)

I was merely pointing out with a little bit of mods, the K can become longer than the E.

sorry about that mistake, but you get the gist of it anyway :rolleyes:

Archived