Cold on Sunday, what to wear

Pandysec
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Last skirmish I had on oct 21st I wore thermals under my trousers, and then a t shirt, soft shell jacket and vest, but after an hour or so I was boiling and sweating like a......fill the blank.

So this time I was thinking, just the trousers and my new short sleeved t shirt then the vest to combat the sweat! But now I'm wondering if I'm going to be freezing!

What do you guys think?

I know I could always put more layers on, but when the briefing is on I will be freezing, then sods law I will be boiling after I have a jog about!

Wear layers, get hot remove layers ... Get cold again, put on more layers ;)

Be the onion, feel the onion, be one with the onion....Layers that is, not breath.

when its cold I put my cech parka on for the briefing then just wear my normal stuff and a assault vest rather than plce for the game. Gets a bit chilly sometimes, but hey ho. If its bloody freezing (like -5 when get out the car), then I may well wear my wooly hat and waterproof jacket as that helps with heat retention.

Just brave the cold and be a man.

Grow a full mans beard, take a hip flask filled with whisky.

and if you get cold, chop down a tree with your hands and use your epic beard as kindle for the fire.

• Supporters

I always just wear multiple layers underneath what I usually wear.

If I get too hot I take off my skirmish gear, remove an under-layer and then put my skirmish gear back on. Worked a treat even playing in 10 below and snow.

Last time I played I was freezing cold. I was shivering before the games started. I wore a viper UBAS, Plate Carrier, Trousers, Gloves and a Balaclava... 20 minutes later I was boiling for the rest of the day. So just keep running and you'll be fine. If you get too hot then just take your top off and Rambo it :D

Once you start playing you'll warm up. Last year i was playing in just a thin shirt and work trousers XD And it was snowing!

• Supporters

Its my hands, especially fingertips, that get me when its cold. I have great gloves but to be damage proof, waterproof and comfy makes them bastards to feel fiddly little things through...

and if you get cold, chop down a tree with your hands and use your epic beard as kindle for the fire.

Now that's a reply! Thanks guys!

• Supporters

Now that's a reply! Thanks guys!

Yeah, I think that's one of the best I've read on here so far :lol:

Even took my greatcoat to my napoleonic drill session today, and it was quite hot I thought, after having to scrape the car in the morning

Archived