Best M4 in the £300 to £500 Bracket

jamama
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

G&P sentry will be a good choice. Anything from G&P and G&G is a good bet. G&P will have better externals though.

Agreed but also note G&G Also do a Hk 416 (called t4-18 - http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/gen_2_t4_18.html ) - Which are amazing, Full Metal Body Ofc, it has locking dust cover, working forward assist, and G&G pneumatic blow back system - which imo is best blowback system (bar gas blow back) as it uses a second piston to operate - which means if the system ever fails it doesn't jam the gearbox like mechanical systems and doesnt drain your battery like electric systems.

also if you order from http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk - you can get Generation 2 G&G models for generation 1 prices. (Generation 2 has higher torque motors, better n more efficient wiring, and 6.03mm Tight bores as standard!)

With regards to G&P, Sentries are nice, But Im a Big Fan Of The G&P Magpul Moe M4's - There Amazing.

-Wardeneo

• Supporters

In the £300-500 range the best M4 going performance wise is the Tokyo Marui M4A1 SOCOM Recoil Shock, there's absolutely nothing else close. Though if you want to hang all sorts of accessories off a RIS foregrip you'll have to splash out a bit more to replace the handguard. That said, for range, accuracy and reliability out of the box I doubt you'll find anything better anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'd just get an ICS either with or without RIS. I personally wouldn't be too fussed about getting any external parts other than RIS add-ons and optics, so the fact that ICS have bad compatibility with body kits, grips, barrels and that sort of stuff wouldn't bother me.

The guns are solid, they shoot nice, they're high quality, they're the easiest M4s to work on by a country mile and they have the heft and strong build of a real one to boot.

Additionally, the internals are spot on in general, I wouldn't even bother doing anything substantial to the gearbox, just stick a tightbore in it, new hop, maybe a new nub. Shim the gears, regrease the box, potentially swap out the motor and you've got a A* fantastic M4.

• Supporters

Additionally, the internals are spot on in general, I wouldn't even bother doing anything substantial to the gearbox, just stick a tightbore in it, new hop, maybe a new nub. Shim the gears, regrease the box, potentially swap out the motor and you've got a A* fantastic M4.

New tightbore £40

Hop & Nub £15+

New motor £40+

Shims & Grease £6+

Spot on? Eh?

Seriously though, ICS guns are usually pretty sexual out the box!

Archived