Operation ORCHID DAWN - A 24hr TIER 1 OBUA Combat Operation: CDV 24 - 26 May 2013

TIER 1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Warrior's Charity Fundraiser

As a lot of members will know I raise funds for Orchid, the male cancer's charity, a cause close to my heart. I've always wanted to have an airsoft weekender, run the way I'd like and more like a "real op" than a outright skirmish, so we can have fun and raise money for the charity and so, in 2013 my first Charity Weekender will be held. As I wanted a more real "Military" feel to the event I'm really happy that Tier 1 have said that they will work alongside me for this charity fundraiser.

There will be a number of retailers (confirmed at a later date) who will also attending the event.

In aid of the charity ORCHID - Fighting Male Cancer, Warrior (UKAZ) in association with TIER 1Military Simulation Ltd is proud to present Operation ORCHID DAWN.

This event will be the first collaboration between TIER 1 and Warrior and we aim to raise as much money for our chosen charity as possible. The event will be a unique addition to a TIER 1 ongoing storyline and we hope to make this an annual event.

The charity ORCHID exists to save men's lives from testicular, prostate and penile cancers through a range of support services, pioneering research and promoting awareness.

Over 37,400 men will be diagnosed with a male-specific cancer in 2012; from sons to grandfathers, all men face the risk of prostate, penile or testicular cancer. Orchid plays a leading role in the fight against male cancer through world class research, awareness and education campaigns and by supporting patients.

Please visit the ORCHID website for more information.

orchiddawn022.jpg

OPERATION ORCHID DAWN

North East Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

ISAF Commanders have received high level intelligence indicating a large increase in the amount of insurgents crossing into the Paktika Province Afghanistan from across the nearby AFPAK border and Pakistan.

Paktika's Provincial Governor, Gulabuddin Mangal has indicated that he is against the use of his province and its capital Sharana being used as a staging ground by insurgent Al Qaeda and Taliban (AQT) fighters and has agreed to allow a United Kingdom Special Forces (UKSF) Task Force (TF) to be deployed to the region in order to Kill / Capture specific AQT High Value Individuals (HVI) and protect a scheduled meeting in the Capital between the governor Mangal, ANA, ANP and ISAF Commanders. The meeting is set to ensure that the flow of insurgent forces crossing the AFPAK border into Afghanistan is put to an end for good.

TF 842's mission is set to be a dangerous operation made more complex by having to operate in a hostile urban environment populated by civilians as well as insurgents. The TF will face a constant threat of who is friendly and who is the enemy.

We know the enemy will use every available means to defeat the TF which will include: Car Bombs, IED's, Suicide bombers, Snipers, Mortar barrages and all out attacks on the coalition forces and their Patrol Base (PB).

TF 842 are therefore to prepare for an Extremely High Risk (EHR) counter insurgency operation in an urban environment.

Warning Order

This will be a 24hr TIER 1 OBUA COMBAT OPERATION.

Location: SPTA, Copehill Down OBUA Village (CDV), Shrewton Road, Chitterne, Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire. BA12. (Approaching CDV from Shrewton, your turning on the right will be for Tank Track Q.)

CDV is a UK Ministry of Defence training facility located on Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire, England. It is a Operations In Built Up Areas (OBUA) urban warfare and Close Quarters Battle training centre where exercises and tests are conducted by the british military forces.

Date: 24 - 26 May 2013

Cost: £85

We have invited a group of up to 40 role-players who will be dedicated to playing a Civilian Population (CIVPOP) throughout the event in the village.

RED FORCE

Al Qaeda Terrorists: 10 places.

Insurgent Fighters: 75 places.

Uniform Requirements: Traditional/local Dress where possible. You can wear a civilian/military mix, OD, Tan and Black, but please do not turn up looking like a US PSD operator. You should be thinking tactically in terms of your clothes and their colours etc. Please, No baseball caps!

ABSOLUTELY NO Multicam, Desert, MARPAT, AOR 1 or ACU. You will be asked to change out of them.

BLUE FORCE (ISAF)

Mobility Troop, D Squadron, Special Air Service (SAS) – 30 places.

B Squadron Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR) - 15 places.

Special Forces Support Group (SFSG) – 30 places.

Uniform Requirements: Multicam, MTP, Desert, MARPAT, AOR 1.

Players will be required to bring the right kit to last the duration in the village – tactically. (see our TIER 1 kit list recommendations).

You will need to bring all your own food and water and the means to cook with.

You will have to carry with you everything you need into the village. ie. In a bergen / deployment bag.

We will provide squad and platoon level radios for both sides – inter-squad radios – you will need to bring yourself.

For further information please contact John (Warrior) - [email protected] or via PM / Ed – [email protected] or call 07967 225 739

THERE WILL NOT BE ANY REGENS IN PLAY. MEDIC RULES WILL APPLY THROUGHOUT.

THE GAME WILL RUN FROM SATURDAY MORNING UNTIL SUNDAY LUNCHTIME. ALL REST AND FOOD REQUIREMENTS WILL NEED TO BE UNDERTAKEN TACTICALLY THROUGHOUT THIS EVENT

Archived