What gearbox do I have?

NaokiS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok, so I bought 2 rifles second hand of someone local for a good price, but one was dissambeled. Anyway, I know how the dissambeled one goes back together and reassembled it, but I left the gearbox out since I knew it was faulty. After diagnosis I realized a gear was worn down too much and so I tried to find a replacement or ways of fixing it, in the end I gave up and tried to find the gearbox unit to see if it was worth replacing or buying a new gun.

The gun in question is a JG-139, and while I believe it to be made by Jing Gong, I can't find much, if any, reference to it. I found the gearbox here, but for $35 dollars I can't say it's worth it, especially since it needs importing. But now I'm at a loss, I can't figure out who makes this gear box, what model it is or where to buy one.

If anyone can help this newb, I'd really appreciate it, since I have to call it quits after search for a good few hours without any clue.

I have these photos if they help.

1tsvo0.jpg

24wvpkl.jpg

Thanks,

Naoki

I'm afraid that's one of the problems of buying the cheap Two Tones. I've never seen spares for those on any of the usual Airsoft retailer websites, either here or overseas. You would be better chucking those away and waiting to buy either a higher spec two tone with a proper metal gearbox, or getting your skirmish site membership sorted (if you're over 18) and getting a proper RIF.

Looks very similar to an AEP gearbox.

Or that used in an Uzi...

Personally, I think it is a custom made gearbox for the gun.

Hmm, shame since I don't want to throw it away seeing as it has its box and ain't in bad con, but then it'd be worthwhile getting a new one I guess. Any recommendations, preferably same design and auto?

G & Gs aren't too bad for very little money, you can get a 2 tone with metal V2 Gearbox and blowback action for £160 ish new or £100 2nd hand.Very easy to customise/upgrade as most TM etc pasrt fit straight on :-)

I have to agree that the plastic Gearbox you appear to have was designed to last about 5 minutes and even a new one would only be fit for the Bin :-(

• 1 month later...

G & Gs aren't too bad for very little money, you can get a 2 tone with metal V2 Gearbox and blowback action for £160 ish new or £100 2nd hand.Very easy to customise/upgrade as most TM etc pasrt fit straight on :-)

I have to agree that the plastic Gearbox you appear to have was designed to last about 5 minutes and even a new one would only be fit for the Bin :-(

I agree with johnno.....I recently got back into airsoft guns after a 23 year break.I bought a G+G arms gr15 raider with battery,charger,two toned blue (stock and front rail),4000 polished bb's and shipping for £250...the gun is fantastic and I cant wait to "use it in anger".the only fault I can find is the hi-Cap mag doesn't feed the last 20 or so bb's and it ALWAYS drops 5 or so bb's when pulling the mag out!...but I think thats just a mag problem...I don't have enough knowledge on these new-fangled aeg's....but they are soooo cool!!!!!

• 3 years later...

Ya I know.just wanted help

NaokiS Member Since 17 Oct 2012

Offline Last Active Oct 18 2012 12:54 PM

Well, next time check if the person you're asking the question of has been here recently, and then if the thread is a year old, pm them. :)

• Supporters

I just bought it and it is working

Only wanted to know how to fix it because a worn plastic gear is a common problem

It the best gun I can get in Egypt till now

There is no airsoft dealers in Egypt

The problem is that the gun you have is just not very good and is not really upgradeable/repairable. Use it while it still works, then import a proper AEG if you can.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.