Special airsoft Supplies - a terrible experiance

Dispas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Special Airsoft Supplies

I made my order early March and that was the last I heard of it.

The owner, Mark Woolley, has never replied to a single eMail I've sent in almost eight weeks, never responded to a single message left on his answer phone or his mobile. Nothing, no goods, no refund now I've cancelled the order, no reply to anything.

Saw him on MSN once in which I was assured the goods would be dispatched immediately - at which point I was blocked from his MSN.

It may not be okay to say this on this forum but I believe the store is fraudulent and the owner a crook.

Just a short googling recovers hits from arnies airsoft and others giving clear warnings never to use the site (including one on THIS forum) and I feel I should add my own personal experiance. I used the retailer without doing any research because I got a personal recomendation from a friend who just used the site that week - although too late he warned me that the goods he'd just recieved were mechanically faulty and damaged.

Additionally, this probably counts as hearsay but speaking to some guys at my local portsmouth skirmish site of UCAP including the guest-shopkeeper at the time I found that several of them have actually had to take court action against special airsoft supplies and have still in some cases despite winning the judgement not recieved the payment (due to slack baliffs)!

I can't say it any clearer than to say the complete contempt I've been treated with and the fact after eight weeks I havn't recieved a penny in refund and have been flatly told by other former customers I never will means you should AVOID this shop at all costs.

The prices are cheaper and higher discounted from other shops for a reason - he's a cowboy.

• Supporters

ur fine to say that cus he is

theres multiple threads on most airsoft forums about him and his worse than terrible service

Yeah, I feel a complete pillock about the whole thing - and I feel sorry for my friend who seems to regret giving the recomendation so quickly, although I don't blame him at all.

I made the purchase with my credit-card and have already declared the whole thing a fraudulant transaction (due to his non-existant goods and non-existant communication) and intend to let them fight him for the money via the disputed transaction service. Thank God for credit-cards, if I'd used my debit card I'd never see a penny back.

I'd sue him, but whats the point since he apparently ignores the court papers and ignores the inevitible judgement against him.

What did you buy if you dont mind my asking?

I bought a Highcap mag from him before i knew any backgroud, and luckily, very it would seem, i got it.

Will NEVER use them again though

• AF-UK Founding Member

I'd say be very weary of any transactions online unless you know that where you are buying from is definitely legit.

As you previously said using a credit card is one of the best things you can do, and if you don't have one (maybe you have a debit card instead) then try and pay through PayPal ensuring that it's not sent as gift as you will be able to dispute it through them and get your money back.

Cheers for posting anyways, the more threads about of dodgy dealers the less people will buy, hopefully.

I bought an ABS pistol, a GJW m9. I bought it from SAS 'cos of price but its fairly obvious after this time that he has no intention of dispatching the goods - he probably has no intention of placing an order from his wholesalers.

What I get from feedback of Mark Woolleys scam is that his website lists more stuff than he has. Several HUNDRED more items than he has in stock. Clearly he waits until he has lots of orders for something then bulk buys - especially weapons. And the pattern is that if he doesn't have more than one order for your items, you can go F**k yourself, he has your money and so you'll wait, possibily forever, for your order to be dispatched. I've heard of people waiting patiently for nine months and still nothing - he's a cowboy so he's in no rush and doesn't care in the slightest how you feel about it.

People who order and get their stuff within the week are the ones who are lucky enough to order what he has in stock or what he can always get in at a cheap price. Its the discount and cheaper-than-landwarrior stuff he screws people on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I have had bad experiance from internet shopping the best people to get advice from are Comsumer Direct they were a great help and its free advice. there website address is www.consumerdirect.gov.uk

Sorry to hear the bad experiences people are having. It frustrating as it tarnishes the reputaton of all online stores and makes it difficult for the ones that are trying to run a legitimet business, especially those just starting out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

i heard this guy was selling guns to people without UKARA :( not good for the sport or if he wants to continue business which i can tell should be slow seeing as everyone is steering clear ;) good i say now this guy is out in the open.

i heard this guy was selling guns to people without UKARA :( not good for the sport or if he wants to continue business which i can tell should be slow seeing as everyone is steering clear ;) good i say now this guy is out in the open.

It makes little difference if they have UKARA or not. It is not a legal requirement. As long as he can avail to a defence then everything is fine.

An if UKARA refuse him access like they do to other Retailers, there isn't much he can do but make sure they are Airsofters via other means.

What Top Dog Means when he says UKARA he means a defence that is just a example of a defence

And TBH dose it really matter?? the UKARA is probably the most common Airsofters defence that is why we say UKARA except from "a defence"

It also makes it more to do with airsoft becuase a defence could be for anything Blank Fireing, NFRs or even real steels

Thanks

Jack

• 5 months later...

Hey!

Dont know if anyone is still reading this thread but it mite come in helpful for future readers....

Just adding to this already far too big thread, i ordered gear of him in july this year guess what NO CONTACT, NO PRODUCTS, NO REFUND! This guy is a pain and is reall hard work but....

After talking in detail to CONSUMER DIRECT and trying there ideas(which didnt work) they put me my case forward to TRADING STANDARDS, they are going to look in to the matter but they also mentioned to me that the best way for people to get this Mark investigated for poor trading is to open a complaint to CONSUMER DIRECT(which is really simple) and it will all go on file against his company Special Airsoft Supplies. The bigger the file the more attention he gets ect.... so i would really recomend this.

Also if u paid by Debit card u mite get ur money back through a little known thing called CHARGE BACK!!(look in to it)

CONSUMER DIRECT- 08454 04 05 06

Hope this helps and seriously AVOID this seller guys unless you've got money to waste, in that case i suggest a charity :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'll add to this, I also ordered some gear, a gun and bits, over a year ago. Gun arrived completely busted up, literally falling apart and snapped, so I returned it, along with few other bits I didnt want or were unauthorised replacements for out of stock goods. I've heard NOTHING back, not a peep, sent god knows how many emails/letters demanding my money back, but it seems legal action is the only thing he understands.

Don't bother wasting your time trying to contact him, just send a couple letters to cover your back then take him to court! Seriously, it's the only way.

AVOID THIS STEALING SCUMBAG.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Just wondering if any you guys have delt with these guys they look alright, just wondering if you have what there delivery like, warranty, customer service

The only reason I am asking is I have found an item in stock there and cant find it any were else, Cheers

Lofty

Idk why, but Am I the only person that checks if a particular retailer is reg'd with UKARA before buying a RiF? because, you know, if it ain't UKARA Reg'd then you can't buy the RiF's from them. SAS are defo not on the list i have checked before, how come others haven't?

So looks like these guys are not to be dealt with that's a shame, they are the only place so far with the G&P Canadian Body in stock must keep looking then.

yep just run away and hide from them. if your new airsoft scotland/ world is were quite a few (me included) purchase their first RIF. cheap enough for a first rifle and good service (usually, heard they are starting to go downhill)

Tom

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I just fell into this guys trap. Lost £20, will not respond to my emails, I've been waiting for 3 weeks, this guy is a total w*nker

Ordered from the site a month ago and same story. Feel like a total noob.

Trying to get my credit card company on it now.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.