Special airsoft Supplies - a terrible experiance

Dispas

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 hours ago, djben9 said:

so any updates on this place as he has a mag in stock i want.....or i have to go to zero1

He doesn't have ANYTHING in stock. He never has, and never will. Only once he's received your order will it get ordered from the supplier, however 99% of the time, he'll just pocket the money and not send anything.

• 1 month later...

Bit of a blast from the past as I haven't seen much on him for a long while but I was a bit surprised today when I saw a post on Facebook of someone actually recommending them! I'm shocked that he is still trading let alone getting 

Recommendations lol, I wonder if with Facebook taking over as the source of info for beginners he's taken advantage of the fact his isn't well know on it and going for a bit more of people's money. I guess there is a chance he has chaneed and is actually selling stuff but that's probably a long shot. Anyone else heard much in recent years ? 

I know him and not wanting to defend him,I've heard nothing but bad about him.I've purchased off of him but I'am in the postion where I can collect.Why do people still use him???Because he can supply cheaper than anywhere else and the temptation to save a few ££ overrides the glaringly obvious risk.

He is notouriously hard to get hold of by phone but he's always at his site in Reading,

• 9 months later...
  • Supporters
4 hours ago, Dino said:

I was at Reading the other week.  I was tempted to place an order, but after seeing all this nope!

Close call bud ! He’s like gonorrhoea, just when you forget about it it flairs up again ! 🤦‍♂️

I have found some other local sites to eventually get me registered once again, then I will go back to the Reading site and try not to give him any greef.

• 1 month later...

Glad I didn't get burnt from him.  I got mys last game to play in October, then I will be registered again.  I told him that and he wanted to do some under handed stuff.  I'm surprised he is still around.  I look forward to seeing him when I am all sorted and have bought my RIF's from somewhere else.

14 hours ago, Dino said:

Glad I didn't get burnt from him.  I got mys last game to play in October, then I will be registered again.  I told him that and he wanted to do some under handed stuff.  I'm surprised he is still around.  I look forward to seeing him when I am all sorted and have bought my RIF's from somewhere else.

If you're looking for a better site that's still quite near, xsite has started up again under Skirmish Wycombe.

I've personally boycotted Absolute in Reading. The Marshalling is shit. The site is shit. It's just... shit. Very much like his sales after care... actually no, to be fair his site is better than his sales after care because it actually exists. 

19 minutes ago, Duff said:

If you're looking for a better site that's still quite near, xsite has started up again under Skirmish Wycombe.

I've personally boycotted Absolute in Reading. The Marshalling is shit. The site is shit. It's just... shit. Very much like his sales after care... actually no, to be fair his site is better than his sales after care because it actually exists. 

Thanks I will keep that in mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Original post: So conflicted after finding this thread.

I've contacted SAS as I'm trying to get my hands on some extra mag's but everywhere seems out of stock at present. I've had a response claiming he's got 5 on the shelf at present and that he usually ships within 24 - 48 hours.

I need to order up some extra mag's and they're specific to the Vz58 but I can't find them anywhere else. After reading this thread I feel like I'd be a complete mug to place the order. I've also had a look at payment methods and couldn't see PayPal as an option which makes me a bit more hesitant given the history presented prior to this post.

Update 1: So a little update. I emailed to confirm stock of the magazines and I also queried dispatch time along with when I needed the mag's for. Been told that as long as the order is placed this evening it won't be an issue as it'll be dispatched in the morning. It was also confirmed that PayPal is available as a payment option.

Given that I don't seem to be able to find these magazines anywhere else in the UK for now I've bit the proverbial bullet and put the order in. Given the fact that I was able to use PayPal and the emails from store I felt a little more comfortable placing the order. I'll be sure to provide further updates as things develop.

Edited by FreeFrag.UK
update

16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I was torn between "funny" and "sad" ratings there, but I hope that neither are deserved and that you get what you ordered in the promised timeframe.

I know what you mean Roger, if it wasn't for the fact that nowhere else seems to have them then I'd have just waited for them to resurface at somewhere like PB. The other factor which added to my decision to run the risk is that I've got an electronic paper trail relating to what was promised and I've been able to use PayPal. To be honest if it were just one or the other then I'd have left it and aired on the side of caution.

As stated I'll keep this thread updated with my experience. It'll be interesting to see whether or not I receive a dispatch notification tomorrow morning.

29 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

As stated I'll keep this thread updated with my experience. It'll be interesting to see whether or not I receive a dispatch notification tomorrow morning.

I hope it works out, but....

Further update: 

So after a couple of emails chasing up SAS in relation to my order I have no received confirmation that it has shipped and that it has been shipped using "Royal Mail signed for service".

I had checked my order information through the website to see if there had been any updates prior to going down the email route but there was no update to the order status. Obviously it's a little disappointing when you have to pursue a business for updates, especially when (in theory) their order system should provide these updates anyway.

As the saying goes, watch this space.

Final update:

My magazines arrived today all safe and sound without issue. Naturally I did the obligatory test fire and they all appear spot on so I can't complain on the product front.

My complaint from this experience would be that I had to pursue the company to find out if my order had been dispatched, which took a couple of emails to get a reply. I was then told (as per my previous update) that the item had been shipped. I attempted to use the tracking number provided a few times but with no luck, Royal Mail reporting to try again later on each attempt.

Anyway, my items turned up today and the postage label revealed that it hadn't actually been posted on the 9th but that it had in fact been posted on the 10th. In addition to this the tracking number I had originally been provided with didn't even remotely resemble that which was on the parcel. Said tracking number also confirmed that it was posted yesterday (10th).

In the defence of SAS  they did end up sending it out by next day recorded delivery but I would much prefer honesty when dealing with a business. Now I realise that they got the package to me with a day to spare (reduces the stress levels a bit) and as such I really shouldn't be complaining but I can't help think "why not be honest?". Just a simple email of "Hi Frag, sorry we had some issues dispatching it today. In order to make sure it's with you in time and because we were unable to meet the agreed dispatch window we've sent it out to you next day delivery. Many thanks, SAS". Surely that would have been better?

But anyway, I've got my mag's and I'm more than happy with them. Despite the lack of honesty I'm also happy that SAS went to the trouble of sending it out with a higher priority dispatch method, something which I'm genuinely grateful for.

I suppose the big question is would I use SAS again? To be honest I don't know. If they'd been transparent then I'd definitely have to give it serious consideration but this lack of honesty makes me wary even though my experience was a positive one overall.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Final update:

My magazines arrived today all safe and sound without issue. Naturally I did the obligatory test fire and they all appear spot on so I can't complain on the product front.

My complaint from this experience would be that I had to pursue the company to find out if my order had been dispatched, which took a couple of emails to get a reply. I was then told (as per my previous update) that the item had been shipped. I attempted to use the tracking number provided a few times but with no luck, Royal Mail reporting to try again later on each attempt.

Anyway, my items turned up today and the postage label revealed that it hadn't actually been posted on the 9th but that it had in fact been posted on the 10th. In addition to this the tracking number I had originally been provided with didn't even remotely resemble that which was on the parcel. Said tracking number also confirmed that it was posted yesterday (10th).

In the defence of SAS  they did end up sending it out by next day recorded delivery but I would much prefer honesty when dealing with a business. Now I realise that they got the package to me with a day to spare (reduces the stress levels a bit) and as such I really shouldn't be complaining but I can't help think "why not be honest?". Just a simple email of "Hi Frag, sorry we had some issues dispatching it today. In order to make sure it's with you in time and because we were unable to meet the agreed dispatch window we've sent it out to you next day delivery. Many thanks, SAS". Surely that would have been better?

But anyway, I've got my mag's and I'm more than happy with them. Despite the lack of honesty I'm also happy that SAS went to the trouble of sending it out with a higher priority dispatch method, something which I'm genuinely grateful for.

I suppose the big question is would I use SAS again? To be honest I don't know. If they'd been transparent then I'd definitely have to give it serious consideration but this lack of honesty makes me wary even though my experience was a positive one overall.

Think it’s safe to say your like me , do as much research as you can in to a retailer and only bite the bullet if you have no other alternative at all (as here only one with the product listed?) so glad it worked out in for you in the end . Must have been a horrible feeling though being held at the mercy of that con artist ! 😱

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Think it’s safe to say your like me , do as much research as you can in to a retailer and only bite the bullet if you have no other alternative at all (as here only one with the product listed?) so glad it worked out in for you in the end . Must have been a horrible feeling though being held at the mercy of that con artist ! 😱

Aye, I like to cover my bases as there are far too many "businesses" out there which are less than honest. I don't know what it is but I've noticed over the recent years how there are more businesses out there which fall short of basic professional standards in so many ways. I've worked across a variety of industries but at every single business I've been a part of the one simple rule which has been hammered home is the delivery of excellent customer service. Unfortunately the reality for many businesses is that word of poor experiences spread far quicker and further than positive ones.

I'm glad I got my mag's as I was worried about getting hold of the extras I required but I'll admit I did have my concerns about using SAS. Unfortunately it's the lack of transparency and lies which have prevented me from saying "I had a greater experience with them" or anything resembling a recommendation.

In this instance SAS got my purchase to me quickly and due to the way they sent it it did save me a good bit of stress. If I were to use them in future I believe that I'd approach them in a similar way to your HK sellers, which is to confirm stock prior to order.

Maybe he's starting to turn it around (call it naive optimism if you wish) but only time will tell. I may end up checking with him next month to see if he has anymore mag's just to fill out what I've already got.

You are a brave lad. 

I guess PayPal is the only way to go in this instance. 

I would personally avoid this shithouse and not go through the stress tbh. 

• 3 months later...

I ordered a CYMA AK74 from SAS back in Dec 2014, before i was none the wiser to this scammer. While i did receive the AK in the end, the whole process was just horrible and a bit strange.  

From ordering to finally getting the gun it took a whole month.

He first messaged me saying they didn't have the gun i ordered in stock, but had a JG version instead. When i accepted that one instead of the CYMA, he then messaged to say that he had been sent the wrong JG which was not the full stock version which he had made it out to be. He also mentioned that he had painted my gun in the email before that one (I didn't have a UKARA at that point) which didn't make much sense to me, when he is saying that he had painted the gun in one email then says he hasn't received the right gun yet in the next. 

He then said i could either have the wrong version JG AK74 (folding stock) or wait a few weeks and get the right one (full wood stock), i chose to wait as i wanted the full stock. He also hinted that i could peel of the two tone paint he put on, not exactly something a retailer should be saying. One other thing was he said he would add a bonus to the order, whatever that meant. By this point it was Jan 6th 2015 and i had made the order Just before Christmas 2014. 

So i waited and i did not receive a gun until Jan 23 2015, all the while having 0 updates from his end and only got word after inquiring about the situation from my end. When i finally opened it i was disappointed to find that he had not sent me the JG AK74 as stated but instead my originally ordered CYMA 74. I was also kinda shocked to find that considering i had no UKARA, he had not Two toned the gun, was this his bonus? I would never find out as he only gave me one more message saying that i asked for the CYMA so that's what he sent despite the fact he led me on for weeks about getting a JG instead.

So in the end i did receive the gun i had originally ordered (and it worked fine) but it took way longer than it should have and the whole JG AK wild goose chase was just weird. He only ever messaged me after i had messaged him, and never went out his way to give me any updates apart from the original message about the JG.

This said, knowing other peoples experience with this guy, i think i got off fairly lightly compared to those who didn't receive a word from him and no product at all. But still, the whole process was very unprofessional and unsatisfactory.

• Supporters

You did get off VERY lightly mate , I know you said you felt let down by it being a Cyma and not a JG you actually benefited as Cyma are the better AK anyway.👍

we really all as a community need to get this out to as many new players as we can , keep away from this parasite! 😡.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.