Glock comparisons - opinions please

Simon Rees
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a dilemma. I am hoping to shortly get a sidearm. I Love the look and feel of full sized Glocks (17 & 18). Not so keen on the compacts (19, etc).

I've been looking at the CYMA/ASG 18C AEP which is a good looking pistol that gets good write ups and reviews and is a decent price (available for £55 when in stock).

Against this, I have been offered a full metal GBB 19 complete with Blackhawk Multicam dropleg holster for £70.

Price is a consideration and I would have to get a couple of mags for each of them (£10 ea for the AEP and about £25 ea for the GBB) plus the cost of gas for the GBB.

I'm not a die hard realism buff after the feel and weight of the real steel version, but wondered if anyone had tried the 18c and could compare to a GBB17.

Biggest issue for me is the size, I think.

Any opinions gratefully received.

it all depends on how bug your hands are,i had a we glock 17 and you could change the back straps for smaller hands,i would reccomend this pistol highly for performance and ease of use,the 18c is slightly smaller but fully automatic which will waste gas and bbs in my opinion,

• Supporters

The brand of the GBB is somewhat crucial here.

I also would not trust me £25+ GBB magazines to a cordura holster. Literally every skirmish I go to I'll see someone asking around the players/marshals "seen a mag for xyz?" and they've alays got a cheap fabric drop-leg holster flapping around their thigh. Back in my first couple of years 'softing, even when I had a quality cordura holster, I'd still be that guy half the time; moulded polymer/kydex is the only way to go if you don't want that major annoyance and hassle.

I have the CYMA Glock 18c and I really like it - good range and the auto is fun

For realism gas is the way to go, however, I wanted an AEP purely because its easier (for me personally) and not as expensive (which is good as I dont really use my side arm too much)

I picked up a 27 round magazine for £7 and also a 100 round magazine for £12

Archived