quick question about two-toned guns

luke_mitchell
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

the basic answer would be: It depends

It is down to the site as to whether or not it accepts 2tones and this will be in its site rules. It is also dependent upon whether or not it is below the site FPS limit as well, also this is site variable, some sites are 328 only, some are 350, some are 360fps

Of course you can. It doesn't matter what colour it is!

The Double Eagle M83 is a really sh*t airsoft gun though, it's only for like shooting targets and the whole thing (including the internals) are plastic!

So I would get a better gun if you want to do proper airsofting. For a good gun you need to spend at least £100-£150, not £40/£50.

You can pay a bit extra to paint any gun two-toned (the cheap guns like your M83 come already orange and black or green and black etc) or you could hire a gun and your mask and everything from the site about three times and you can then get a UKARA defence. (You need to be over 18)

Just read the UKARA rules and stuff, there will be a lot of topics of the forums about it to help you out.

When you get your UKARA defence you can then get your RIFs (realistic imitation firearms)

• Supporters
just a quick question as i own a two-toned (orange and black) m83a2 m4 and was wondering if i can use this at airsoft sites around the UK,

Do you have any sites in mind for your skirmishing? Some sites may insist you wrap some camo tape or dark colour tape around the bright orange bits. You would probably want to do that anyway so that you are not so easy to see (if in woodland etc). Other players won't be so keen to stand beside you if your gun is too visible.

Some sites may insist you wrap some camo tape or dark colour tape around the bright orange bits. You would probably want to do that anyway so that you are not so easy to see (if in woodland etc). Other players won't be so keen to stand beside you if your gun is too visible.

I second this for any site. This way you are not violating VCRA law, which states that it's a criminal offense to paint an IF (Like your M83 rifle) to make it appear to be a RIF (Or a professional all metal/black weapon).

Although, I'm not sure if it applies to people with a UKARA permit, they may be able to buy IFs and paint them black without violating law.

Archived