Can I use M14 magazines in my Scar H?!

Tsairsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am desperate to know whether my Scar H wil accept M14 magazines?! M14 magazines are 7.62 like the Scar H, but I just aren't sure. Could somebody help me out a little?

Thank you.

is this some 1 ripping the pish ????

I am desperate to know whether my Scar H wil accept M14 magazines?! M14 magazines are 7.62 like the Scar H, but I just aren't sure. Could somebody help me out a little?

Thank you.

does england currently have a king?

sorry cldnt resist in all honestly im not sure i would say no even though there the same caliber mag i would imagine the mag catch lever would be positioned differently or the feed tube wouldnt line up etc easy way to fing out is call a shop or check youtube

Polite Answer: No.

Because the M14 uses a front clipping system, similar to the FN FAL and AK47. you have to place the front of the mag in first, and lever the back of the mag into the gun.

The Scar-H and SR25 series they use the STANAG style mag system- i.e. you just shove the fecker in!

OP, it is not a silly question, as some 7.62 mags ARE interchangeable (SR25 + Scar H, in my experience, depending on brand. VFC have some silly design). Let's be grown up guys.

Also worth pointing out you can modify an M14 mag to fit, by cutting two holes in the side so the mag catch will take it. But you have to get the mag to feed too...

• Supporters

The primary thing you'll notice when you look at an AR-15 or a SCAR compared to an AK, FAL, G3 or M14 is the presence (or lack thereof) is a magazine housing, or magazine well as the Americans call it.

You need that housing to insert and secure the magazines on ARs, L85s, SCARs etc. On the older type weapons with the rock n' lock mags you've just got a simple opening in the base of the lower receiver or trigger mech housing, with nothing beneath that opening except open space. So if you're ever unsure about basics when it comes to interchanging magazines types, just look at that area where the magazine actually goes in.

Archived