Skirmish Airsoft Nottingham/Mansfield

Gecko
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Today I spent the day at Skirmish Nottingham's Airsoft site with 24 friends who wanted to come and see what airsoft was all about...and what a great day it was! After the first couple of games the guys were already asking when we could come back.

Perhaps the thing that made the day so good was the site staff who were very welcoming and friendly making an effort to come and chat to everyone during the breaks. The marshalls did an excellent job to give us a range of scenarios and ensure that the games were played fairly. Throughout the day they also took plenty of photos making the day all that more memorable.

As for the site itself, Skirmish offers a good variety of zones including an expansive trench network, a supply depot with parked APCs (and not the plywood kind) and a built up village with a church and watchtower. The marshalls made good use of the site varying the length of the games and the objectives. Several bomb games provided some excellent team play, but perhaps my favourite game was a simple point defense game where one team had to hold a compound for as long as possible. It was frantic, in the good way! The team worked well together dragging team members to the one medic who was put through the paces reviving players left, right and centre. As the round heated up, the attacking team scorred the best grenade kill ever landing a frag in the medic's area killing him and about 11 other players. Nice one whoever threw that one!

The atmosphere of the day was excellent with very little grumpling but rather sharing of stories and complementing good team play. No hard feeling to the guy who tried to disarm a bomb only to be met by 10 guys opening up on him as he stormed the castle. Sorry!

I would highly recommend the site to anyone in the Nottingham, Derby or Sheffield areas to go and check it out. Our team will certainly be back!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I can certainly say +1 to the above.

Skirmish has been my most frequented site since I started about 3 years ago and I'm still not bored of it. I even kept going when the management changed hands and I'd actually have to say that the current guys are running it far better than Phoenix (the last owners) ever did.

The staff are all great and get to know you as a regular pretty fast, good prices, marshalling, games, players, over all atmosphere. Everything. Maybe with the exception of food... Better like pot noodles or you're screwed lol.

If you're heading down there, drop me a message, it might be a week I'm planning a trip, it'd be good to put some names to faces.

• 4 weeks later...

I've taken a look at the site and it looks like a hell of a place to play! It's just a little too far from me though as its not really Nottingham, more like 30+ mins north of Nots :( Maybe when/if my location changes I can try it out.

• Supporters

I make the trip down from Sheffield just about every weekend lol, it takes me about an hour but it's well worth it.

I wouldnt mind if it was just an hour, but I'm already just over an hour from Nottingham :P My current site takes me about 40-50 mins to drive to thanks to rural roads :D

Archived