SRC SR36

Bullitt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone help me with this:

I've just purchased the Gen3 and am looking to increase the barrel length for aesthetics more than anything really, but I really don't know where to start. I want to do the work myself. Has anyone got any advice on what to buy and how to fit the part, please?

Thanks all.

B

Well here's what you'll need to have fitted:

-G36E/K length outer barrel (obvs, pick the one you want, E is the longest)

-G36E/K length hand guard

-Inner barrel long enough for your outer barrel, slightly shorter maybe.

-possibly look at changing your cylinder. Because cylinders are often created for certain size ranges of barrels. If you have no exp. in gearboxes, don't bother. But if you find your BBs aren't travelling well you might want to consider asking someone to install it for you. :) Of course, after you have checked the hop unit.

Thanks a lot, guys.

The one thing that really had me stumped about a barrel extension was the cylinder replacement, e.g. ported/non-ported, but by the sounds of it, Grounded_Pilot, I could look at doing that after I've extended the inner and outer barrel.

Anyway, that's enough to get me started I think! I have the 36E top rail/handle arriving soon so that should keep me entertained for my first few games I think!

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

B

Archived