SRC SR36

Bullitt
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone.

I am a complete newb, first of all.

I have just received my first piece of kit: a shiny new SRC G36 Gen 3, and, after spending most of my waking life since it arrived researching everything about it, I have heard that there may be a way for me to rewire the battery so that it would fit in an adjustable stock. I am quite a lanky chap and have realised that the folding stock is just too short for me to use the gun comfortably so will be replacing it anyway, and thought while I was at it, I might as well try and get the battery in there to improve balance.

Is this even possible and, if so, is it worth it?

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate any and all advice/thoughts on this.

Can I also squeeze in a question about what stocks would fit my gun...?

B

I had a G&P one similar to this on my JG G36, so assuming the SRC is built to the same spec it should fit:

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=2807

You can rewire the gearbox to the rear, but my stock came with an extension wire that allowed you to connect it to the front wire and run it up through the receiver (plenty of room there!) and out the back of the gun. All I did was drill a small hole on the rear of the receiver to poke the wire through.

It'll hold a large battery easily, still folds and extends quite a long way! This is what it looked like before I sold it!

g361.jpg

Thanks very much mate! Very helpful.

I'm planning to field strip it to see exactly what I'm up against, but at least I know it can be done!

Again, thank you! Now for my next question in a new thread...

Hi go to star rainbow corperation SRC website on home page you will see srctv click has afew videos how to strip your gun down ive found it useful for my 3 src guns wil put a link up wen i get on to pc using pad at mo

link http://www.youtube.com/user/SRCAIRSOFTTV

Archived