Reccomended rof

joshcowin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
Hi guys i wanted to know whats the rof that seem sensiable? I mainly use semi auto but only go on to auto if its hectic,i would say around 20 rps is about right

That sound more than enough. I would have thought that range and accuracy are far more important to really enjoy airsofting.

• Supporters

20 players coming towards you? That'd take maybe 40 rounds tops, allowing for misses due to the pressure of 20 guys coming at you.

Chances are you are dead, but so can be half their team ;)

ROF just isn't important. My UMP strikes fear into the hearts of all my opponents, but it only does about 12-15 rps at the very very most. It's positively slow, but when combined with the knowledge of how to use it and the frankly unfair range and accuracy I have got it shooting at, that's what ALWAYS does the damage to their team.

High ROF tends also to be used by the same 'type' of player. The guys who are there not for the skill, but for inflicting pain on others and lacing anything that moves, but complaining if 2/3 rounds hit them rather than 1.

• Supporters

I don't understand people's mad obsession with ROF, like people who mod their M4 to shortstroke the piston and fire at the same rate as a minigun - 60rps, or 3000rpm...

My L85 shoots at 850 rounds per minute, which is about 17 per second and I think that's a little too fast, the real one is about 700 to 750, so that's a point where the authenticity fails.

For me the only benefit of high ROF is that it increases the trigger response of shots you make on semi-auto. I can empty a 30 round magazine in less than 2 seconds, that's mental!

20rps would be overdoing it in my eyes, I'd just leave everything as it is when you get it.

Firm believer of "keep it standard, it will last" camp, or if its a cyma, then downgrade the spring and it will outlast me!

Most of the HROF's I've seen say its because of trigger response, so their single shot will get there sooner (by what, a tenth or hundredth of a second?) and then empty a 100 round mid cap in 2 bursts at a player and moan about how hicaps ruin the game....

People using high ROF guns are usually running high caps from my experience.

Not a fan of super high ROF. run out of ammo in under 2 seconds with my MP7 :P

You see, when I saw this thread I expected the aim of the thread was to work out what's healthy for a gun... not if you like ROF or not. :P

I've built high-ROF guns for clients before. Recently made a 30rps ICS M4... and in the past made an L86 that can chew through an 120rnd midcap in 3 seconds...40rps! That still had sniper range on it!

I prefer the realistic ROF in guns. The CYMA RPK is a great "chugger"... around the 600-700 rpm.

Currently tempted to build an MP5 with high ROF. It is a sub afterall, just a set of 13:1 gears, G&P 120 motor and a strengthened piston and I'm away! :)

• Supporters

Not sure what Sabine's ROF actually is, but it's faster than stock and generally faster than necessary, courtesy of an ICS Turbo 3000 motor. When all is well with her I only use full-auto for suppressing fire and running targets. A high ROF is just a waste of BB's and, worse, if I accidentally hose somebody at close range, they are going to end up bleeding and/or pretty pissed off...

• Supporters

One of the chronos at Skirmish has a ROF reading on it, Ian. You'll have to check it out on the 22nd.

• Supporters

If I get her all done up in her heels and ready to dance, I will mate. I meant to at the camp-out sesh, but she was ill. New metal hop, ali nozzle and 50 deg rubber should see her back on form though.

Archived