G&G GR16A2 Plastica Misfeeding

Sike
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey there guys recently my GR16 has started misfeeding quite alot. it will fire 1 bb then nothing for 2 or 3 shots then fire another BB.

i have removed and lubed the springs from all my midcaps aswell as cleaning the barrel and lubing the hopup.

• Supporters

Do you have any hunches at all about what it might be, have you tried any means testing on anything to try and figure it out? Were there any characteristic changes around the time it started to misfeed?

First off, fill up a mag and use your nail to squirt all the shots out without putting it in the gun. If they all come out, then it's not the mag, if some get stuck in, then your mag is at fault.

If it's not the mag, your hop rubber might be wearing out, the hop rubber is what holds the shots in place whilst they wait to be fired, so if the hop rubber wears down BBs will be free to move around inside the barrel, meaning one might be half way rolling down when you fire the next one and they'll just dribble out the end, or jam up on the inside, needing more shots to push them out.

If it's not any of that, then it's probably something to do with your gearbox or related components. Tappet plate and nozzle are the parts that deal with feeding, the tappet plate is what moves the nozzle back and forth, if it's worn down too far the nozzle won't move enough to allow BBs into the hop unit. The air nozzle may have chipped or cracked, losing some of its length or something, meaning it can't push the BBs into the barrel.

Is any of what I've said close to what the gun seems like? I think it's most likely to be the tappet plate, though I'd have expected a G&G gearbox to last a little longer than that, you've not had the gun long, right? Does it see a lot of use? Skirmish every weekend? Use auto a lot? High voltage batteries?

Are you using biodegradable ammo? 'Cos it might be starting to degrade... Just a thought.

I'd say, try swapping the hop, it'll not cost much. If that fixes it, then you're sorted. If not I'd put money on it being the tappet plate, nothing else comes to mind at the moment.

Might as well try the good old, take-it-to-bits-and-reassemble-it-without-changing-anything technique before trying anything though, it often works for me. Might just be a random glitch in the gun matrix...

Good luck with it anyway.

ive had the gun since April, but i maybe skirmished with it about twice a month since then, mainly firing semi all the time with a 8.4v, i only recently started misfeeding around July.

when it first happened a single drop of abbey silicon oil into the hop chamber and it worked fine for the rest of the day. but now its doing it more frequently

• Supporters

If adding lubricant helped it last time then it might be an air seal problem. Though again I'm suprised they're showing fault so soon with a G&G.

Do you have any experience with taking gearboxes apart? I'd say to strip it down and check the piston head O ring is functioning properly, it might be caught under the piston head or something and not giving the correct seal - the difference in air pressure might lead the gearbox to perform wrongly. It might not be that the gun is jamming, but that seal is simply non-existant for the times where no shot leave the barrel.

Are there any changes in the noise it makes on the shots that jam? If yes, if you take the upper receiver off and dry fire the gun, does the same noise happen?

ive never taken a gear box apart, and when it misfeeds it just sounds like a normal dry fire.

however im having a real problem trying to get the recievers apart, the front pin is out and it wont seperate.

EDIT: just had it out in the garden and put about 2 mags through it, on a mixture of Semi and Auto and not a single misfeed.

what the friggedy frak!

• Supporters

That sort of crap can happen lol.

Also, as for the parts not separating, you'll need to take the back one out too. G&G must have more realistic stripping than other manufacturers.

That sort of crap can happen lol.

Also, as for the parts not separating, you'll need to take the back one out too. G&G must have more realistic stripping than other manufacturers.

never had to take the rear pin out before, its simply cosmetic. ive stripped it a few times before and all i had to do was pull the front pin out. just now it wont slide off

• Supporters

Seems you've solved the problem, but it may also be caused by the sector gear not holding the tappet plate back long enough for a BB to feed every time.

My mate has a G&G GR16, which used to misfeed every other shot on auto. Spoke to Fire Support, they said it's a common problem in the G&Gs.

Said to get a delayer for the sector gear. It clips onto the sector gear (hole in it goes over the bit that sticks out, and the little indent in it sits against the centre of the gear to stop the delayer rotating).

It requires quite a lot of force to put on, but it's definitely not going to come off in use.

Now no misfeed problems at all.

• Supporters

The same thing could probably be achieved by simply making the pick up piece of the tappet plate ever so slightly larger... You'd have thought they'd bring out a tappet plate to fix it instead of that delay piece you mentioned. It'd be far easier to swap the tappet plate out than mess about with tiny little clip on things and gears.

Seems you've solved the problem, but it may also be caused by the sector gear not holding the tappet plate back long enough for a BB to feed every time.

My mate has a G&G GR16, which used to misfeed every other shot on auto. Spoke to Fire Support, they said it's a common problem in the G&Gs.

Said to get a delayer for the sector gear. It clips onto the sector gear (hole in it goes over the bit that sticks out, and the little indent in it sits against the centre of the gear to stop the delayer rotating).

It requires quite a lot of force to put on, but it's definitely not going to come off in use.

Now no misfeed problems at all.

i didn't do anything to solve it, it just randomly worked. i didn't touch it between Wednesday evening when it was misfeeding and Thursday lunchtime when i fired it in the garden

Archived