New to airsoft, primary weapon advice please.

KnightOps
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello people,

I'm very new to airsoft. Have done my time using rental weapons so I now have a UKARA number. I have bought a KWA glock 17 as my side arm. Want to purchase my primary weapon, I really like famas' but the cybergun one seems sh*t. Also really like g36c's. Can I have some advice on a decent assault rifle. I'm particularly anal about realism and build quality. I have about 300 -500quid to spend, also I do not know very much about this so any expert advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Ps. I want a solid weapon straight from stock, don't want to have to upgrade anything.

Pss. How often should I clean and lubricate my glock?

I've only ever heard good things about the TM FA-MAS F1... also, with the budget, yes go for the G36 recoil shock series.

However, don't forget you will need extra mags, suitable footwear and clothing!

With cleaning GBB pistols, just release the top slide (my old KWA Glock19, I just pull down the two little tabs on either side at the same time and the top slide should just pull off...forwards.)

Then with a fine cloth, wipe down any areas that look dirty (along the slide guide rails in particular) and then with some mechanical lubricant (not silicone spray- that's for rubber) grease up any areas of movement, along those guide rails again.

Good maintenance will make your GBB more efficient, fun and reliable.

I've only ever heard good things about the TM FA-MAS F1... also, with the budget, yes go for the G36 recoil shock series.

However, don't forget you will need extra mags, suitable footwear and clothing!

With cleaning GBB pistols, just release the top slide (my old KWA Glock19, I just pull down the two little tabs on either side at the same time and the top slide should just pull off...forwards.)

Then with a fine cloth, wipe down any areas that look dirty (along the slide guide rails in particular) and then with some mechanical lubricant (not silicone spray- that's for rubber) grease up any areas of movement, along those guide rails again.

Good maintenance will make your GBB more efficient, fun and reliable.

Oh ok, who makes that g36c? So you say the famas is ok? That's the cybergun one right? About 160quid. Tbh the famas is really the gun I'm after but I was worried its a but tackily built with the non working slide etc... Can you recommend a good site? I've used Jdairsoft so far and they seeem pretty good.

Sorry I know that's a load of questions.

Cheers

Oh ok, who makes that g36c? So you say the famas is ok? That's the cybergun one right? About 160quid. Tbh the famas is really the gun I'm after but I was worried its a but tackily built with the non working slide etc... Can you recommend a good site? I've used Jdairsoft so far and they seeem pretty good.

Sorry I know that's a load of questions.

Cheers

Yeah, if you want something that'll last you a while and has plenty of compatible mags and upgrades, buy TM (Tokyo Marui, pardon my initial ignorance!)

Just Google: "Tokyo Marui G36 recoil shock"....that's a lovely beast.

Also, the Tokyo Marui FA-MAS is also very good. I have never owned one, but I have heard it was one of the best out-of-the-box AEGs. Google: "Tokyo Marui FA-MAS F1" or "Tokyo Marui FA-MAS SV"

Those are so much better.

Although the cybergun FA-MAS can be upgraded to be pretty darn good!

Also, a lot of airsoft guns have non-functioning slides... they move but do buggarrrr all!

As to a good site, google is again your friend. Just type in "*County you live in* airsoft skirmish sites"

Yeah, if you want something that'll last you a while and has plenty of compatible mags and upgrades, buy TM (Tokyo Marui, pardon my initial ignorance!)

Just Google: "Tokyo Marui G36 recoil shock"....that's a lovely beast.

Also, the Tokyo Marui FA-MAS is also very good. I have never owned one, but I have heard it was one of the best out-of-the-box AEGs. Google: "Tokyo Marui FA-MAS F1" or "Tokyo Marui FA-MAS SV"

Those are so much better.

Although the cybergun FA-MAS can be upgraded to be pretty darn good!

Also, a lot of airsoft guns have non-functioning slides... they move but do buggarrrr all!

As to a good site, google is again your friend. Just type in "*County you live in* airsoft skirmish sites"

Grounded_pilot, devastator. Nice one thanks for the info.

If you're thinking about G36 still the Umarex G36 range are good. They are esentially made by KWA and have the official HK licensing. They shoot around 350fps out of the box so no need to upgrade the spring/bushings etc. You actually might need to downgrade them slightly for some skirmish sites depending on teh fps limits.

Archived