Need some advice please, be gentle im new

Monkeyfetish
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi and thanks for reading, I am currently using a umarex g36c and out the box I was hitting 355fps.

what I would like to know is how do I go about improving the accuracy of it.

Im using .2s and was wondering if the .25s would make a difference?

Also wish to find out about what barrel upgrades would be ideal for it.

Im new, my gun is two tone, but im having fun!!

RearGunner

Squealing War Pigs

• Supporters

I'll second what marksman556 above me has said, a high quality barrel will improve accuracy for sure, as will an improved hop-rubber. Some people swear by the guarder clear ones, I'm more of a marui man myself but they're a few quid each at most so you can afford to experiment with what works best for you.

One final note though, 355fps is just a smidge too hot for quite a lot of sites, and a tightbore barrel could push it up a little more. I'd advise either getting a new lower rated spring (m90-m110 range should be about right), or get someone with the know how to clip your current spring to be a bit shorter.

Thanks for that chaps.

Since my last skirmish I was hitting 347, if I replace the spring will there be a drastic drop in fps?

also started sourcing a barrel upgrade for it too.

not sure if its me doing something wrong also but a battery will not last me a day.

im using an 8.4v 1100mini, any suggestions on how to get more out of it, im barely shooting most of the time so just seems odd.

• Supporters

1100mah is a little low for most people to make last a full day.

You might want to buy another, swap them over at lunch time, you're not using it incorrectly or anything, just having too much fun with the trigger lol.

As for the springs, the best way to think of it is that the spring name is equal to the velocity it produces with a .20 in m/s

So an M100 = 100 metres per second, which is around 330fps, but it's only a rough guide, depending on how good your gun is at stopping air escaping out the mechanism etc etc will effect the fps, there are a lot of variables that are hard to measure. BUT, I imagine you have an M100 fitted at the moment and the gun's seal is good.

You might get on alright with a barrel upgrade, though a 6.03mm diameter barrel generally adds about 10-20fps so that might take you over your site limit.

To play it safe, get an M90 spring, tightbore barrel and some sort of hop upgrade, I always use a Madbull blue. You'll have to do a quick google to find out what length barrel you need, I've never had a G36 so I have no idea, it'll also change depending on which G36 variation you've got.

Ought to be able to get a spring, barrel and hop for about £60 all in, though if you want the spring fitting by a shop then it might add a fair bit to the cost. £25 would probably be an average spring swap charge.

Archived