New to Airsoft and need a question answered

Countercruel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So im 19 and i figured this will be a good age to start.

So ill be starting airsoft soon and i need a professional opinion on the gun im thinking about getting, maybe in about 3-4 weeks.

So the gun is : http://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Double-E...A1-replica.html

And from that link you should know by now that i wish to be a sniper :P.

Also i plan to get a Scope like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TASCO-3-9x40-Mil...0#ht_2705wt_958

What are your thoughts for a new player to airsoft on getting these items?, and do you reccomend any other guns that are around that price range if you think that the gun i have chosen to buy is not good. thanks =)

Edit: i already know the Rail width which is 20mm so ive got all my links ready for purchasing when i get my money through.

• Supporters

You'll have to get within Pistol range to hit the side of a Barn from the inside with that if you don't have an Extra £500 laying about just wait until you have your UKARA sorted aswell trust me on that

I was trained in ICT (infantry training centre) for 25 weeks when i was 17, i dropped it before the end of the course which was meant to last 28-30 weeks. as it wasnt the right move at the time, i still love the sniping experience but dont want to leave this country if i did join the army. i have qualifcations in logistics too, and a working knowledge of windage and (Bullet drop based on time and wind speeds/velocity)

What im basicly trying to say is i want that sniper experience without getting myself killed =)

Oh im sure, but anything Assault related wouldn't suit me at all, even if it was airsoft.

Thanks for helping by the way.

Ok well i have a few months to decide anyway, who knows i might go assault. but the only guns i would be interested in is the Scar-L/MP7 or the UMP45

If anyone can reccomend a starter of those guns then i might opt into being assault.

Ok well i have a few months to decide anyway, who knows i might go assault. but the only guns i would be interested in is the Scar-L/MP7 or the UMP45

If anyone can reccomend a starter of those guns then i might opt into being assault.

You might want to hire for your first few games. Then you will be able to get your UKARA. Once you have got it you will be able to buy realistic guns which will allow you to buy virtually any airsoft gun available. Having to buy two tone reduces the options you have for a gun.

• Supporters
Oh ok, but how much do guns hire costs?

At Sussex Airsoft (shown as your local site) it is £20 for a day or £12.50 for a half day (plus £20 deposit).

Check their website though as they offer a rent to buy scheme where you pay a 50% deposit on the gun of your choice and they keep it at the site between skirmishes until you have your UKARA registration.

Lots of information on their website but I could not see details of guns for sale so maybe they buy them in to order? Best just to call them if this is of interest.

Archived